Post by Bazir » Sun May 09, 2021 1:42 am

Yeah, nice game! Enjoyed the more 'every day' aspect of the city
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: End of Game Feedback and Q&A

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sun May 09, 2021 9:08 am

I think all the good feed back so far has been spot on, you did an excellent job being responsive to players needs which is one of the biggest hurdles as a gm i feel.

I do think for factions having faction goals or schemes as a general thing (doesn't have to be fleshed out full intricate mustache twirling plan) but rather a blurb of "hey X faction is looking to accomplish Y." or something along those lines so that us lowly factioneers have something to possibly work with as it feels weird for us to have our own schemes at such low levels. It is conceivable though that not all factions have a stake or goal in all game premises.

as i said in a post elsewhere I think game length was fine players will simply need to get used to it as most are used to longer formats.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 09, 2021 12:45 pm

I'd enjoy a faction-themed plot rather than just faction plot; we choose builds for certain themes and it doesn't have to be something that affects faction just something that lies in its purview so that it can be a "faction plus" experience. Stakeholdership and exclusivity of plots are usually a bugger as people start to compare GM investment in what they get and the others get, and balancing that out is too much to expect from a single person, no matter how resourceful and superhuman. ;)

Thanks to faction+ logic the playerbase doesn't get fragmented, you don't have to run 9 sub-plotlines as other people can take part as well. For instance magical mysteries for Qabal are also something the Ra'Shari or the Dahabi or other people could get on board quickly ;) One problem is how to divide the tangible outcomes as factions, but I guess rewards can be dispersed enough to avoid that. I was really impressed that the archery contest wasn't 'winner takes all' but almost everyone walked away with some prize. This really goes a long way for enjoyment of the whole thing.

I'd still like to know what Ayfat's venture into the sewers was about. ;)

I really have no strong criticisms, and mostly praise for this game. It was great. Please give us more. :)
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 09, 2021 1:02 pm

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:45 pm

You'll need to do some legwork... or talk to him.
GM • City of Stories

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Sun May 09, 2021 1:30 pm

Random idea on faction stuff...unsure what kind of "timeskips" you pan in betweenthese short games, but maybe some kind of system where there some faction goals in the background, and people can do stuff for points on it?

e.g. assassins want to infiltrate the khadi somehow, so assasin pc-s can try and do stuff around that. It's not a single game goal, but it could be built up over multiple games, to give some sense of accomplishment?

Otherwise, not much to add from my end, as I wasn't the most present during this game. I di find it fun though!
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Jewel wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:02 pm
Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:45 pm

You'll need to do some legwork... or talk to him.
Still possible D5?
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 09, 2021 1:39 pm

It likely won't all be revealed in one day but you could certainly try
GM • City of Stories

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sun May 09, 2021 2:11 pm

I found that the game flowed surprisingly well, especially with such an open premise (no real common objective to tie up the characters together) and diversity of cast.

Similarly, the 5 days cycle (so about one introduction day, three meaty days and one conclusion day) seemed to work well. Might need a bit of running in for players used to longer games but that issue should solve itself after a game or two.

A nitpick for the road: The description of the different locations probably don't need to be split into that many subforums. One thread per quarter, with one post per location, would probably have worked as well and be easier to navigate.
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Sun May 09, 2021 3:51 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:11 pm
A nitpick for the road: The description of the different locations probably don't need to be split into that many subforums. One thread per quarter, with one post per location, would probably have worked as well and be easier to navigate.
Or, given that those forums are not used for posting in otherwise? One forum with a thread for each quarter with the descriptions at the top allows announcements affecting quarters or parts of them to be added to each thread.

Or a single post with quarters and locations and so forth is even easier (I did a quick one in Word for my own reference because hopping through the location forums was slower). Given the 'everyone posting in one Day thread' thing, you can put announcements there with, probably, better visibility.

Basically, putting locations into their own forums and subforums is mostly a construct that serves games where posting is divided into those spaces. You're not doing that, so feel free to re-imagine the structure to suit what you are doing.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Sun May 09, 2021 4:51 pm

One thread with multiple posts for locations could work?
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri