Mutaqaribat or Bust
7%

Total votes: 15

Jewel

Next Game Concept

Post by Jewel » Sun May 09, 2021 1:39 am

What will be our next tale told

Hassan's War of Camels
For generations Hassan's Camels has been the premiere name in dromedaries in the Sands around Medinaat al-Salaam and even beyond. Passed from father to son it has been the traditional source for any camels the Sultanate needs. When the current Hassan passed, he left the business to his twin sons in the hopes it would bring them together. Unfortunately they utterly despise each other and their rivalry remains despite their father's attempt at reunification. They divided up the breeding stock and set up competing farms on different sides of the city. Now the time draws near for the Sultanate to order their camels and each brother is determined to see to it that they will be the one true Hassan's Camels.

Themes: Mercantile/Social, the possibility of some skullduggery
Primary skills: Commerce, Courtier, Sincerity

Shortest Days Mean Longest Nights
The month of Safar contains the shortest day of the year and a three day religious festival and celebration surrounds this display of Shilah's mercy. Of course the shortest day means the night's are long and dark and perhaps not all is joyous and sacred....

Themes by Day: Religion/Celebration
Themes by Night: Horror/Crime

Primary skills by day: Theology, Perform, Games
Primary skills by night: Stealth, Lore: Underworld, Combat

Tales Within Tales
Medinaat al-Salaam is the City of Stories and the Storyteller's Guild are the undisputed masters of the art. But everyone, high and low, has a story to live and a story to tell. To gather these tales, and to find new storytellers, the Guild is hosting a number of themed storytelling events.

Themes: Social
Primary skills: Sincerity, Perform:Storytelling, secondary skills based on the theme

Mutaqaribat or Bust
Once per season Zakariya, the Aliyat of Medinaat al-Salaam, allows any challenger to test their skills against him. It has become a tradition that all lovers of Shatranj gather to test their skills and find their ranks prior to this challenge so that only the truly worthy waste the old master's time.

Themes: Social
Primary Skills: Games: Shatranj
GM • City of Stories

Lamis Naaji

Re: Next Game Concept

Post by Lamis Naaji » Sun May 09, 2021 2:10 am

Jewel wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:39 am
What will be our next tale told

Hassan's War of Camels
For generations Hassan's Camels has been the premiere name in dromedaries in the Sands around Medinaat al-Salaam and even beyond. Passed from father to son it has been the traditional source for any camels the Sultanate needs. When the current Hassan passed, he left the business to his twin sons in the hopes it would bring them together. Unfortunately they utterly despise each other and their rivalry remains despite their father's attempt at reunification. They divided up the breeding stock and set up competing farms on different sides of the city. Now the time draws near for the Sultanate to order their camels and each brother is determined to see to it that they will be the one true Hassan's Camels.

Themes: Mercantile/Social, the possibility of some skullduggery
Primary skills: Commerce, Courtier, Sincerity
I had to force myself to be fair and read the others because I love this so much.

I have already made a Fortune Teller in my head (Ra-Shari? maybe?) who offers their services to the highest bidding brother...to predict that the Sultan will take the camel herd decked out in little camel fez.

OK, maybe I will work on a less focused concept.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 09, 2021 2:15 am

If enough games happen they'll eventually all happen but, yeah, the camel war was the first short concept I had thought of it just required more groundwork than I had time for for this game so had to be put on the backburner.
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 09, 2021 5:43 am

I voted second, though all sound great!
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sun May 09, 2021 5:54 am

the second one does sound right up my alley and i'm hoping to delay the first tog ive time for Qasim to blossom into a mercantile powerhouse :lol:
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Sun May 09, 2021 11:20 pm

Have to think a bit before committing a vote - I'm leaning the second for now, but I love many of the ideas. But yeah... Wanted to mention I love all the ideas :D
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 16, 2021 2:56 pm

Wow, I was not expecting a last minute rally from 'Tales Within Tales' to tie things up.

Tiebreaker:

If it rolls odd we'll go with 'Shortest Days Mean Longest Nights' if it rolls even we'll go with 'Tales Within Tales'

So it looks like out next Tale will be 'Shortest Days Mean Longest Nights'.

No idea yet when it will be - we'll see which games have gaps, need to be postponed, etc.
GM • City of Stories

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 17, 2021 1:00 am

Jewel wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:56 pm
So it looks like out next Tale will be 'Shortest Days Mean Longest Nights'.
Meaning that if Kezia returns, she won't be quite so completely suboptimal for event design :lol:
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 17, 2021 1:37 am

Religion, horror, and crime. Combined with other things, I'm sure the princess will have a grand time!
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 17, 2021 10:36 am

I'll just say I'm looking forward to the next tales! :)
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.