D4 Combat

Jewel

Re: D4 Combat

Post by Jewel » Mon May 30, 2022 2:28 am

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:23 am
Actually something else I've just thought of. Could I have said something to the others BEFORE getting to that part of the Sewers?

Edit: basically to not need the free action to do so now since I'm currently hiding and all
I'll allow it if it's not pertaining to what is revealed on entry.
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 30, 2022 2:51 am

I'll just post it here then.

"Rofaqa, you may want to avoid staying too close to the water"

Should apply throughout our way there...
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon May 30, 2022 3:17 am

Jewel wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 1:08 am
Damn can't believe I forgot to put scale - yes, each square is 5'.

Jumping across is possible though tricky given slick stones and the like.

Athletics (Jumping)/Strength TN15. Stealth 3 can try to make it at TN20 to stay hidden. Stealth 5 can stay hidden at the TN15.

Failure means ending up in the sewage - no immediate damage or ill effect (other than aesthetic) but counts as Difficult Terrain in terms of movement cost to scramble out (and an Athletics(Swimming)/Strength roll if you want to keep moving within it)
I'll allow the jump to be part of a Simple Action move (as opposed to a Complex Action skill roll) but it does count as the movement of that action
GM • City of Stories

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Mon May 30, 2022 3:23 am

Is pulling yourself out and onto dry land part of a simple action as well?
Ra'Shari * Diplomat * Entertainer * Daredevil * Very honest * Stargazer * Asks questions * Why did it have to be snakes *
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 1 | Integrity: Honorless
Typically carries: Knife, well used robe, sling wrapped around her arm, stuff to juggle
Languages: Ra'Shari, Mekhem

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon May 30, 2022 3:27 am

Nihira wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 3:23 am
Is pulling yourself out and onto dry land part of a simple action as well?
Free if already at the edge. It can be part of a simple move otherwise.
GM • City of Stories

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Mon May 30, 2022 3:32 am

Sorry for all of the questions, but are we using the skill masteries from L5R 4e? If so I messed up in my movement but I will know for my next turn.
Ra'Shari * Diplomat * Entertainer * Daredevil * Very honest * Stargazer * Asks questions * Why did it have to be snakes *
Typically carries: Knife, well used robe, sling wrapped around her arm, stuff to juggle

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon May 30, 2022 3:38 am

Nihira wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 3:32 am
Sorry for all of the questions, but are we using the skill masteries from L5R 4e? If so I messed up in my movement but I will know for my next turn.
We are, yes. I had just assumed Nihira had decided to drop Stealth when she decided to jump.
GM • City of Stories

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Mon May 30, 2022 3:41 am

That was correct, falling in the water doesn't do well for stealth as well. Thank you for all of the answers.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon May 30, 2022 4:30 am

Also feel free to roll your Fear in advance and put it in your ghosting thread if you wish. Just so I don't have to choose to Void or not on your behalf if it comes down to ghosting
GM • City of Stories

Asher

Post by Asher » Mon May 30, 2022 4:35 am

Jewel wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 1:16 am
Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 1:11 am
Fair!

Follow-up question - can one move down then up again instead? I'm assuming maybe treating the crossing as difficult terrain?
Yes, it would be Difficult Terrain so remember the penalties from that (Water reduced by 2 to a minimum of 1) and Stealth (if keeping it up) stack.

So a Stealth 3 character with Water 3 or less will only be moving 5' per simple action.
Athletics masterys effect diff terrain normally?
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Speaks: Mekhet, Senpet, Ra'Shari, Yodatai, Rokugani, Invidi
Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations
Companion: Jadzia (Gorilla) - Equipment: Canteen & Medical Kit