D4 Combat

Jewel

D4 Combat

Post by Jewel » Mon May 30, 2022 12:47 am

Ignore any white circles on the map - no clue why the program keeps adding them in randomly and they do not represent anything.
GM • City of Stories

Jewel

Re: D4 Combat

Post by Jewel » Mon May 30, 2022 12:53 am

Everyone has been given a 'free' Investigation/Perception without Void. (Results will be in your ghosting thread once I get them all posted)

Characters are also able to spend a complex action searching/getting a better view to roll again (and potentially spend Void if they wanted to)
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 30, 2022 12:59 am

Now we see the layout of the room - would it be possible to jump across the water to the central platform? Or to the other side of where we are? How hard would that be?

And I assume each square is 5 ft?
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon May 30, 2022 1:08 am

Damn can't believe I forgot to put scale - yes, each square is 5'.

Jumping across is possible though tricky given slick stones and the like.

Athletics (Jumping)/Strength TN15. Stealth 3 can try to make it at TN20 to stay hidden. Stealth 5 can stay hidden at the TN15.

Failure means ending up in the sewage - no immediate damage or ill effect (other than aesthetic) but counts as Difficult Terrain in terms of movement cost to scramble out (and an Athletics(Swimming)/Strength roll if you want to keep moving within it)
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 30, 2022 1:11 am

Fair!

Follow-up question - can one move down then up again instead? I'm assuming maybe treating the crossing as difficult terrain?
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon May 30, 2022 1:16 am

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 1:11 am
Fair!

Follow-up question - can one move down then up again instead? I'm assuming maybe treating the crossing as difficult terrain?
Yes, it would be Difficult Terrain so remember the penalties from that (Water reduced by 2 to a minimum of 1) and Stealth (if keeping it up) stack.

So a Stealth 3 character with Water 3 or less will only be moving 5' per simple action.
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 30, 2022 1:17 am

*Nod* thought so. Thanks!

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Mon May 30, 2022 2:02 am

Can we move diagonally or target the enemy diagonally with respect to the map? If so I assume that also means 5 ft.
Ra'Shari * Diplomat * Entertainer * Daredevil * Very honest * Stargazer * Asks questions * Why did it have to be snakes *
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 1 | Integrity: Honorless
Typically carries: Knife, well used robe, sling wrapped around her arm, stuff to juggle
Languages: Ra'Shari, Mekhem

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon May 30, 2022 2:22 am

Nihira wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:02 am
Can we move diagonally or target the enemy diagonally with respect to the map? If so I assume that also means 5 ft.
I'll allow moving and attacking diagonally but it works out a little messier than exactly five feet.

For instance from where she stands in this moment to where the crocoghul is works out to about 92 feet if we're being generous and counting from an outside corner.
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 30, 2022 2:23 am

Actually something else I've just thought of. Could I have said something to the others BEFORE getting to that part of the Sewers?

Edit: basically to not need the free action to do so now since I'm currently hiding and all