Clue Point Spending

Jewel

Clue Point Spending

Post by Jewel » Fri May 27, 2022 7:37 pm

So people have time to debate and discuss.

The final event will be combat against the individual creating the variant ghuls taking over the sewers and driving out the others (leading to the swarming of the city above).

This combat, in its base form, is stacked against the characters - but clue points can be used to balance it out.

This combat begins restricted to those who participated in The Hungry City 2 (Night). Characters who did not participate can be invited to join the combat as listed below.

Having eyes and ears throughout the sewers the target initially is aware the characters are coming and will have three rounds of prep-time before combat starts unless impacted otherwise.

1 Clue Point per character impacted - Smuggle weapons and armor (start with armor and/or weapons other than knives)
2 Clue Points per round removed - Remove a round of prep-time (minimum 0)
3 Clue Points per invite - Invite a character to join the combat
3 Clue Points per removal - Remove Fire spells, Remove Air spells, Remove Water spells, or Remove Void spells
7 Clue Points per removal, may only be purchased twice - Remove Crocoghul, Remove Ghulrilla, or Remove Jackghul

(For transparency I will say all three forms of variant ghul work from similar stats but have different special abilities)
GM • City of Stories

Al-Haddar

Re: Clue Point Spending

Post by Al-Haddar » Fri May 27, 2022 7:51 pm

Do characters have to be in the Sewers, and thus exposed to the fight even without fighting abilities whatsoever? Is this more of a common pool of points to be assigned with a collective decision? Something in between?
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 27, 2022 7:55 pm

Qara did not take part i nHungry City 2, but is open to combat wombat. Can heal, can throw rocks at people, have a jinn to help.
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Raya

Post by Raya » Fri May 27, 2022 7:56 pm

With the ghuls having prior knowledge of us coming, zero clue points to contribute (kinda zero in general to contribute) and not being great in a straight fight I'm happy to tag out and let someone else take my spot
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri May 27, 2022 8:10 pm

All clue points generated are a communal pool for this. Guess I should have clarified that. Hence wanting to let people hash out and decide how best things should be spent.
Raya wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 7:56 pm
With the ghuls having prior knowledge of us coming, zero clue points to contribute (kinda zero in general to contribute) and not being great in a straight fight I'm happy to tag out and let someone else take my spot
The know a party is coming through the sewers towards them (well unless reduced to 0) but not necessarily all details. Stealth may still be an option for individuals but it's not going to be a complete ambush (for either side)
GM • City of Stories

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 27, 2022 8:13 pm

Jewel wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:10 pm
Question for Le GM
Would the Jinn need a separate invite and therefore clue spending?
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:13 pm
Jewel wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:10 pm
Question for Le GM
Would the Jinn need a separate invite and therefore clue spending?
No, its job is to protect Qara so it will go with Qara
GM • City of Stories

Asher

Post by Asher » Fri May 27, 2022 8:17 pm

If I can math we are at 22 clue points and 7 pcs so far
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Speaks: Mekhet, Senpet, Ra'Shari, Yodatai, Rokugani, Invidi
Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations
Companion: Jadzia (Gorilla) - Equipment: Canteen & Medical Kit

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 27, 2022 8:18 pm

A part of me wants to see Ghulrilla meet SuperJadzia in gorilla-to-gorilla(ish-ish) combat.

Also, if we want to remove spells, IF they are sahir spells (which we do not know for certain), Fire and Void have combat buffs, while Water has transformation or mind-whammy. Air...has some possibly annoying things.

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Fri May 27, 2022 8:27 pm

Clue points at the moment (unless I missed a raise or two):
2 (al-Haddar)
3 (Claudia Gabinus + Raya)
1 (Asher)
8 (Bazir)
3 (Zara)
4 (Faruq Al-Farhan)

Total: 21
Having eyes and ears throughout the sewers the target initially is aware the characters are coming and will have three rounds of prep-time before combat starts unless impacted otherwise. [...]2 Clue Points per round removed - Remove a round of prep-time (minimum 0)
Free rounds seem quite bad, so maybe spend 6 to remove them all?

We also probably want to remove one of the super ghul, which would cost 7 points on its own. With these assumptions, there are only 8 points left to spread, so not that many possibilities.

Out of the blue, removing another super ghul seems like the safer option. The number advantage is very strong in L5R.

If we go for any other option for these 8 points:

For the first option, post-Rufus death, I'm not sure we have any actual physical fighter in dire need of equipment left?

I indeed suppose the boss won't cheat and will mostly use spells listed here as to not make the sealing option purely luck based. Note that we cannot seal Earth spells. Dunno if on purpose.
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile