Clue Point Spending

Al-Haddar

Re: Clue Point Spending

Post by Al-Haddar » Sun May 29, 2022 6:27 am

Not convinced about removing yet another type of spells over one prep round.

I would rather do the later, arrange to obtain extra weaponry through a deal in the morning (I'm sure Had', or any over shady PC really, knows a guy who knows a guy who can get us a short bow and flesh cutters), and use the last point to sneak them in.

By the way, on the subject of things we are forbidden to carry openly, while a sling could pass as "just a belt", I guess lead ammunition are very much a non-no (you won't convinced anyone they're playing marbles)?
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 29, 2022 6:47 am

Al-Haddar wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 6:27 am
By the way, on the subject of things we are forbidden to carry openly, while a sling could pass as "just a belt", I guess lead ammunition are very much a non-no (you won't convinced anyone they're playing marbles)?
Yeah - stones I'd allow without a roll or spending a point - you could gather a handful in the sewer itself. Lead bullets I'd allow Sleight of Hand to conceal even if not at rank 5 (since they're just a pouch unless searched) but there'd still be a risk.
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Sun May 29, 2022 7:41 am

I'm fine either way. Anyone who'd be good at using sais flesh cutter arrows?
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Asher

Post by Asher » Sun May 29, 2022 1:11 pm

So do we trade a spell slot for a round of prep and extra weapons or not? If we do are we getting a bow <which i dont see anyone saying they are skilled at> or do we get our two sling people lead bullets? I dont see any input from Zara yet at all. Is she coming along?
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Speaks: Mekhet, Senpet, Ra'Shari, Yodatai, Rokugani, Invidi
Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations
Companion: Jadzia (Gorilla) - Equipment: Canteen & Medical Kit

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sun May 29, 2022 5:57 pm

Since nobody jumped at the opportunity to obtain an extra weapon, I would say it's not needed and we can safely go back to the previous plan.

Out of the two remaining elements, my vote on banishing Air, as I don't see a necromancer being that good as celestial magic, while a name like
Bend the Inanimate Will sounds like their alley.
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Sun May 29, 2022 6:04 pm

Would Al-Haddar be okay with just sneaking in lead bullets? He could use the 1 point to get those in without a risk, I'm guessing?

But if we do go back to the previous plan:

Qara voted for Void
Al-Haddar voted for Air

I'm good with either, actually? Anyone else have more well-thought-out opinions?
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Nihira

Post by Nihira » Sun May 29, 2022 7:36 pm

I'm cool with the risk of Nihira smuggling lead sling ammo. If I get stopped by the cops just know I tried to...get the lead out. 8-)
Ra'Shari * Diplomat * Entertainer * Daredevil * Very honest * Stargazer * Asks questions * Why did it have to be snakes *
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 1 | Integrity: Honorless
Typically carries: Knife, well used robe, sling wrapped around her arm, stuff to juggle
Languages: Ra'Shari, Mekhem

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 29, 2022 11:12 pm

I'll give another hour for people to weigh in on 'which magic' after that if there's still a tie I'll just roll a die between the two.
GM • City of Stories

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon May 30, 2022 12:21 am

GM • City of Stories