Integrity gains/losses table

Faruq Al-Farhan

Integrity gains/losses table

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed May 25, 2022 11:21 pm

I thought I'd seen a more specific "integrity" table somewhere - the LBS book, of course.

The Integrity Ranks would have to be changed to 0 - 1/2 - 3/4 - 5/6 - 7/8 - 9/10, and the gains/losses would probably be "roughly" multiplied by 2 (or multiplied by 2 minus 1, in some cases) since Integrity/Honour went from 0 to 5 before, but otherwise should work as a general guideline.

Or well, maybe the same values used in 4e for these specific things might apply? Something to think about I guess...

Not sure if it will be that helpful to Sven because of these needed changes, but it might provide at least *some* help, both for him and for those of us wondering what we should/should not be doing, so I've decided to go ahead and post it here :)

Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Faruq Al-Farhan

Re: Integrity gains/losses table

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed May 25, 2022 11:25 pm

Although I'm not sure 'fleeing from battle' should hit Integrity as much as it hits honour, for instance...
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Thu May 26, 2022 12:46 am

Yeah I tend to only use the tables as a rough guideline especially since Integrity, as a system, is trying to use one system to cover multiple very different cultures and beliefs. Honor is hard enough to try and adjudicate and that's one system for a very codified belief structure.

Is fleeing from battle shameful for samurai or Kshatriya warriors? Likely. Is it shameful for the average Ra'Shari? Hell no.

Generally, to me, fleeing is only going to give a hit if it was your duty (or an oath) to be in that fight, you left comrades behind in your cowardice, etc.
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Thu May 26, 2022 1:24 am

Fair! Yet another thing that could use some more detail in LBS. But you've been doing a good job of making the cultures feel different :)