Premise

Jewel

Premise

Post by Jewel » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:18 am

"In the name of Lady Sun - the All-Merciful, the All-Knowing, and Life-Giving Lady Sun - I tell my tale. And my tale is true. As true as any other tale that has ever been told.

It was the dawning of the twelfth century. An age of turmoil, triumph, and tragedy. Empires would fall, heroes would rise, and gods would die.

But that was yet to come, merely omens and echoes not yet recognized in full, as we set our scene.

Our tales weave their way around and through the great city, the heart of the known world, Medinaat al-Salaam. A grand metropolis defined by contradictions. A shining jewel in the desert. A beacon of wealth and hope. A den of corruption cloaked in fear and oppression under the fist of an undying tyrant. Medinaat al-Salaam was all of this and more for it was the City of One Thousand Stories and played a different role in each and every one.

In those days, in that place, do our tales begin...."
Tales of the Jewel will be a series of short games designed to fill the gaps between other Fallenash events. The premise of the games themselves will generally be simple and light fare providing structure but small in scale. Players are in turn encouraged to explore and grow their characters in this space across the games.
GM • City of Stories