A Fest of Arrows OOC

Jewel

Re: A Fest of Arrows OOC

Post by Jewel » Sat May 08, 2021 12:46 am

I will toss up a feedback thread sometime during D5 - constructive criticism is always welcome.

One I'll beat to the punch: More faction events/plots. This was always intended but time constraints in finding the gap and getting it up and running with minimal Kamda overlap once I found out a lot wanted to play both meant it just wasn't possible for this game.

Consider this the beta version (or maybe alpha version) of what future games will look like.
GM • City of Stories

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 08, 2021 12:50 am

That's very fair coming up with not only events but Faction goals for a game with little time to plan would be rough.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sat May 08, 2021 12:53 am

Yeah and this gives me a lot more info on which factions we have, how many in each, etc to help plan with that for future games.
GM • City of Stories

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Sat May 08, 2021 1:41 am

Given my *very* last minute character, I was fine not trying to juggle a Faction goal this go 'round. (I mean, shooting a Khadi for fun is kind of in there anyway?). Similarly, I'm often busy enough that I get stressed out getting too directly involved in a GM plot when there are days I'm offline 12+ hours at a stretch. I'm probably a bit of an outlier there, but it's nice to have the laid back option of farting around the edges and enjoying everyone else's plots.

Which, BTW, were really quite enjoyable to watch. I liked the flexibility of the rolls you tossed at Soraya/Ali for their (failed) attempt at sneaking him in, and the players actively grabbing plot bunnies all did a great job of making them interesting and fun to watch. Not that entertaining me is the point, but since you did, I'm going to be appreciative.

@Aydi, thanks for the offer to show around the market. Declined because I actually had plans to try grabbing someone I hadn't had a chance to interact with...and then got a bit swamped and never did any on-screen market browsing.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sat May 08, 2021 2:40 am

Day change in about an hour if anyone wants to get last minute boasting in.
GM • City of Stories

Asher

Post by Asher » Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 am

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:41 am
Given my *very* last minute character, I was fine not trying to juggle a Faction goal this go 'round. (I mean, shooting a Khadi for fun is kind of in there anyway?). Similarly, I'm often busy enough that I get stressed out getting too directly involved in a GM plot when there are days I'm offline 12+ hours at a stretch. I'm probably a bit of an outlier there, but it's nice to have the laid back option of farting around the edges and enjoying everyone else's plots.

Which, BTW, were really quite enjoyable to watch. I liked the flexibility of the rolls you tossed at Soraya/Ali for their (failed) attempt at sneaking him in, and the players actively grabbing plot bunnies all did a great job of making them interesting and fun to watch. Not that entertaining me is the point, but since you did, I'm going to be appreciative.

@Aydi, thanks for the offer to show around the market. Declined because I actually had plans to try grabbing someone I hadn't had a chance to interact with...and then got a bit swamped and never did any on-screen market browsing.
There were faction goals?
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Speaks: Mekhet, Senpet, Ra'Shari, Yodatai, Rokugani, Invidi
Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations
Companion: Jadzia (Gorilla) - Equipment: Canteen & Medical Kit

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Sat May 08, 2021 2:59 am

For what it's worth, I'll add here that having more Faction-related stuff might be nice, but having that not 'dictate' much of what players go about doing is nice too. I guess what I mean is a more laid-back type of game is nice to have from time to time - especially for those who go long periods without posting. I'm actually amazed that I ended up with a quite high post count for this short game, as I'm usually much less active, but even with that I was offline for a good swath of days 3 and 4.

So tl/dr: I do think Faction events/interactions would be nice, but not having they be a gigantic part of the game, and/or giving players the option to get more or less involved in them depending on their OOC (and IC maybe) possibilities/ preferences might be nice too.

But then that's me putting the cart before the horses as you said you plan on adding a thread for ideas and opinions :D Sorry!

And in general - thanks for your hard work and a great game, and thanks to fellow players for fun interactions and reads!
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Sat May 08, 2021 4:06 am

Asher wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 am

There were faction goals?
There were not, as far as I know. Certain factions kind of have overarching goals built in, but this game didn't have any specific ones.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sat May 08, 2021 4:22 am

The final day, of this tale at least, has dawned. Day 5 is live.
GM • City of Stories

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sat May 08, 2021 8:19 am

The thing with factions and faction goals... is that quite a few of us, i think, don't actually have a faction. :P

I mean, I've sniffed out a Qabalist or two, and our Ebonite wasn't exactly subtle in his sig, so I know we have plenty in play, but it's hardly universal.
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.