A Fest of Arrows OOC

Jewel

Re: A Fest of Arrows OOC

Post by Jewel » Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 pm

On lunch and will ghost the two remaining archers shortly so we can get our winner. Dayflip in about 5-6 hours so if you want to boast do so soon.
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Fri May 07, 2021 10:53 pm

I do agree short games may lead to less chances for interaction with more of the crowd, but that said, it kinda makes sense I guess - for LBS as a setting, and in a way having some groups having meaningful threads at least does make for some meaningful interaction :)

This said - I dropped off on trying to get into the Soraya investigation on D4 in part b/c it ended up being quite busy (and quite full of penalties :D). Also b/c Faruq is only half decent in most social stuff with Void. But I do plan on going back to that on D5 if possible - even if it's something that doesn't lead anywhere now, it might play into things in a next game depending on who replays :)
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 07, 2021 10:57 pm

There are many things to investigate with Soraya. I just hope I haven't overloaded our poor GM with the stuff :lol:
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Fri May 07, 2021 11:32 pm

Kezia wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:38 pm
Lamis Naaji wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:30 pm
Hmm, how did we get this far without a Memorable Moments thread? Even in a small short game?
Welllllll, I mean, not to belabor the point, but a lot of interpersonal threads are kinda stovepiped, with pairs or trios forming up and largely talking to each other, which makes sense, given the short duration- and the fact that our drops have, in places, been pretty damaging. One of things about LBS is that while it's vastly more culturally diverse than L5R, that often translates into characters.... not having a hell of a lot to say to one another.

I've kind of struggled to give Kezia meaningful reasons to actually talk to a lot of people- even though she's actually pretty outgoing, because a Ra'Shari in the Jewel is operating at something of a disadvantage with anyone who's not at least mildly criminal- not only does that limit what i write, it limits what I read :? (Something similar happened with Usagi Ginhiko in the first Naishou Province game- once your two or three designated buddies drop, die, or otherwise aren't around to bounce off of, you kind of end up spinning your wheels)

Also, without heavily-attended court threads to drop sick burns in, you kind of have to be looking for memorable turns of phrase. ;) Even your example here is from an event thread.
Yeah, I definitely noticed more than usual that the short game had me entering and kind of sticking with a clump (D4 is a bit ridiculous that way. I'd have merged two of those threads if the thoughts/plans for them had emerged in reverse order..oh well). And while there's some nice writing and turns of phrase in that kind of thing, there's less of the "everyone will enjoy this" bits because they're sometimes less awesome without some context.

I don't actually think that there was less cool stuff going on (from what bits I *have* read of the plotty things happening, they look pretty cool.)

And yes, if you're not really actively working on a faction or House goal that others have, it can be a bit rough to find areas to intersect with people. Some folks "al-Hadder, Aydi," took the services route to having something to offer almost anyone. I kind of played the Outsider route where I could poke at 'how do you do things here in the city?" a little. But as a scruffy Nomad, I still have some trouble figuring a way to interact with say, Qasim, even if my timezone/work schedule didn't make it a bit iffy that I'll post with everyone in a game in the first place.

Side note, that I've actually really enjoyed the shorter scale and generally laid-back feel of things. The idea of dropping into shorter little LBS games
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Sat May 08, 2021 12:05 am

Just pointing out here that agreed, D4 was a bit ridiculous in that regard after all XD

Also - I'm glad I could at least get 'some' contact to most of the others... even if my only interactions with the "Kezia/Rufus" side was offering to heal wounds :roll:
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 08, 2021 12:16 am

I like the format, it has been a good game, the GM was very forthcoming in providing support for non-event pursuits. I enjoyed it despite no engagement in the main event, which is rare in games.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 12:34 am

The richest get richer apparently. >.> Only 50 pool richer, but Sora will take it.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sat May 08, 2021 12:39 am

And thank you all for your patience with all those plots and such with only one pair of hands to juggle it all. I've tried not to drop any balls too badly.
GM • City of Stories

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 12:41 am

Jewel wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:39 am
And thank you all for your patience with all those plots and such with only one pair of hands to juggle it all. I've tried not to drop any balls too badly.
You've been MORE than generous with my bugging you with kidnapping and sneaking hunky boys in and conspiracies. So thank you :)
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 08, 2021 12:41 am

I did a distinct lack of scheming and plotting. I thought of more than one but never actually went through with them
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume