Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm
Since I've had to field some questions/misunderstandings:

Under Her Eye flowchart

You shoot
You choose to continue or not
If you choose to continue she shoots
You shoot
She shoots
You choose to continue or not. If an NPC archer has taken 10 damage in one shot (after Void) or has taken damage twice (likely the case unless she misses or you Void one or more to zero) they bow out.
Repeat as necessary until you bow out or get dropped.
Technically you or the npc could choose to bow out at the *** point I added as well, yes?
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Speaks: Mekhet, Senpet, Ra'Shari, Yodatai, Rokugani, Invidi
Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations
Companion: Jadzia (Gorilla) - Equipment: Canteen & Medical Kit

Jewel

Re: A Fest of Arrows OOC

Post by Jewel » Wed May 05, 2021 6:46 pm

At that point you've committed to continuing and she holds you to it. Well unless you end up down/out/dead - even she doesn't get joy from shooting an unresponsive body.
GM • City of Stories

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Wed May 05, 2021 6:48 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:31 am
I mean, why would a totally ordinary dancer be that driven to change a zombie sorcerer into a hedgehog?
The way Kez shoots...

"Can I throw a knife instead? No? Shit."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Thu May 06, 2021 3:44 am

ok...very long day. But I see nobody dead yet! We'll see if Orokos wants to make it 2 for 2 on my Nomad-ish characters at some point when I can brain enough to put rolls together.

So badly want to have the horse for this one. It just feels unnatural to just stand there shooting arrows at one another in a "who actually fights like this?" way. But unnatural is pretty on brand for khadi.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Thu May 06, 2021 7:08 am

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:44 am
But unnatural is pretty on brand for khadi.
I absolutely love this final event, because it's the most Khadi thing ever.

"We trade shots. But since you're incapable of actually hurting me appreciably before I kill you, it's all fun and games for me!"

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Thu May 06, 2021 7:21 am

true enough.

I dithered about pushing my luck with my not so large pool of wounds, and decided that if Orokos gave them the same kind of damage roll it gave me... OK, take my one good hit and go...

Now sleep.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri May 07, 2021 11:21 am

I *think* I've caught up, some lingering questions-for-GM-to-move-thread notwithstanding. Still some time of D4 and most of D5 for anyone to grab. If you want to meet Aydi over business or something else, let me know.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Fri May 07, 2021 9:30 pm

Hmm, how did we get this far without a Memorable Moments thread? Even in a small short game?

Well, I'd feel weird starting one for a post from someone else bragging about Lamis, so I won't. But among the rest of a post that's got a nice summation of at least one solid narrative thread in this game (that, as noted, isn't really about Lamis'), there's this bit made me laugh at the succinct summary of all of the 'Nope!' Orokos was throwing for this event.
Al-Haddar wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 5:57 pm
"I've heard that in the east, they have a proverb. The arrow knows the way. I'm not well versed enough in archery or philosophy to comment on the veracity of this statement. Today, it certainly didn't feel like the arrows knew what they were doing, unless it was their destiny to get lost into the sands or to strike down the worthy.
Also. *flails*...thanks for the bragging on Lamis' behalf. One of these days, I'll have a character who likes to brag, while still having no skill in it. This was definitely not that game.

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Fri May 07, 2021 9:38 pm

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:30 pm
Hmm, how did we get this far without a Memorable Moments thread? Even in a small short game?
Welllllll, I mean, not to belabor the point, but a lot of interpersonal threads are kinda stovepiped, with pairs or trios forming up and largely talking to each other, which makes sense, given the short duration- and the fact that our drops have, in places, been pretty damaging. One of things about LBS is that while it's vastly more culturally diverse than L5R, that often translates into characters.... not having a hell of a lot to say to one another.

I've kind of struggled to give Kezia meaningful reasons to actually talk to a lot of people- even though she's actually pretty outgoing, because a Ra'Shari in the Jewel is operating at something of a disadvantage with anyone who's not at least mildly criminal- not only does that limit what i write, it limits what I read :? (Something similar happened with Usagi Ginhiko in the first Naishou Province game- once your two or three designated buddies drop, die, or otherwise aren't around to bounce off of, you kind of end up spinning your wheels)

Also, without heavily-attended court threads to drop sick burns in, you kind of have to be looking for memorable turns of phrase. ;) Even your example here is from an event thread.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 07, 2021 9:58 pm

I have been doing my best to get to multiple people with Sora here, though there's inevitably the thing of multiple follow up threads with a few people...

Still, I am glad to have had the time to meet a lot of characters, even if only briefly :)
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse