GM Questions

Faruq Al-Farhan

Re: GM Questions

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:01 pm

Jewel wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:51 pm
If it's the disadvantage I think it is then it wouldn't have applied for this activity anyway.
I think it is, so let's keep it at that then. I'll be sure to ask to make sure before any further rolls though. Thanks!
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:26 pm

Did the Caravan of Entertainment just arrive in town, or has it been there for several days already?
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:32 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:26 pm
Did the Caravan of Entertainment just arrive in town, or has it been there for several days already?
Probably at least a week
GM • City of Stories

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:05 pm

Is there some kind of lamp or lantern that is directional in this era?

Say, for getting back into a rooming house late without waking people up? Or looking through rubble in darkness without being a beacon to guards?
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:10 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:05 pm
Is there some kind of lamp or lantern that is directional in this era?

Say, for getting back into a rooming house late without waking people up? Or looking through rubble in darkness without being a beacon to guards?
It's a fairly basic concept so I'd imagine they do. Probably a little more than a regular lantern/lamp so in the 1 copper range.
GM • City of Stories

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:14 pm

Cool. Should I set up a thread in the market to obtain one, or just take the cost?
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:18 pm

Just purchasing is fine. It's not rare enough that you'd really have to hunt and haggle.

(Obviously you can do a fluff thread for shopping if you wish - but it's not necessary for common things)
GM • City of Stories

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:44 pm

Do we have a location and/or description of the Caravan of Entertainment? I know the one thread so far puts it outside the walls of the city, but I don't know anything about it otherwise (what they have, how many people there are, how people think about it, etc). Color me a bit lost there.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:48 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:44 pm
Do we have a location and/or description of the Caravan of Entertainment? I know the one thread so far puts it outside the walls of the city, but I don't know anything about it otherwise (what they have, how many people there are, how people think about it, etc). Color me a bit lost there.
The Caravans move around, as they're a big part of the Ra'Shari way of life. See the Ra'Shari origins post for more on Ra'shari, and the below for info on the Caravan of Entertainment.
The Great Caravan of Entertainment
Despite the reputation and revilement of the Ra'Shari the Great Caravan of Entertainment often finds itself welcome outside of Medinaat al-Salaam. The revelry they bring, and the distractions from the hardship of the city it provides, outweighing the bias against them... at least until something valuable disappears or a child goes missing. Then the witchhunt begins again and more members of the Caravan have found themselves at the end of a rope or blade than any other.
Edit: A bit more from the wiki:
The Great Caravan of Entertainment was one of the four Ra'Shari Caravans formed during the Splintering which wandered the Burning Sands until the end of the Age, when the No-God Kaleel would return. It was first led by Pitivo, [1] and it gathered all the Ra'Shari Dancers, storytellers and musicians. It was usual to see them playing the fiddle, and passed the Chronicles through songs. The people of Entertainment were almost always charismatic, an entertainer was expected to be outgoing, boisterous, and confident. Violin, tambourines and vocals were their favored instruments.

Entertainer Ra'Shari were expected to be bold and evocative, always on stage and blindingly confident that Lady Fortune was on their side.
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:58 pm

Soraya al-Menjari wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:44 pm
The Caravans themselves stay outside the city. There is always one of them but it varies which. Size can also vary (since the Great Caravans are actually divided up into multiple smaller caravans) but usually a few dozen which is probably around what we're looking at this time.

As shared the Ra'Shari are looked down upon but people still seek out their services - especially the entertainers.
GM • City of Stories