GM Questions

Arash Karuvah

Re: GM Questions

Post by Arash Karuvah » Tue May 17, 2022 9:13 pm

The discount from Blissful Betrothal applies to only one type of Influence/Status, right?

Also, can we take Multiple Schools at character creation but at rank 1, with the expectation that from rank 2, we'll start down on that school?
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Tue May 17, 2022 9:21 pm

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:13 pm
The discount from Blissful Betrothal applies to only one type of Influence/Status, right?
I'm going to say yes. And added it to the modified advantages page.
Also, can we take Multiple Schools at character creation but at rank 1, with the expectation that from rank 2, we'll start down on that school?
I'll allow it. It's cheaper than buying it once play begins but you're also locking up those points that could be used towards skills and traits and thus slowing your own progression. I think it balances.
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Thu May 19, 2022 6:10 am

One more possibly stupid question:

If you know a spell due to Fitfully Sleeping Blood and can cast it as a Jinn, do you also know it as a Sahir? Or would you have to learn it again to cast it as a Sahir?

More to the point - spells you can cast "as a Jinn" can be cast a number of times equal to the appropriate Ring. For spells cast as a Jinn, spells from each Discipline can be cast a numbrer of times equal to the appropriate Ring.

So for instance if you have like Control/Illusion 2 from Fitfully Sleeping Blood and you also know Control/Illusion 1:

a) Would you have to 'relearn' Control/Illusion 2 to get Control/Illusion 3?

b) If you would not have to relearn it, could you then cast Control/Illusion 2 a number of times equal to your Water (due to Fitfully Sleeping Blood), PLUS additional times using your Control slots (i.e. also equal to your Water at most)?

c) If you do not have to relearn it, could you also cast it as a Sahir (using Control slots) if you ONLY had Control/Illusion 1 but not Control/Illusion 3? (In other words, would you have to learn a spell of a level above it to count as knowing it as a Sahir?)

d) Again if you do not have to relearn it - could you cast it as a Sahir even if you do NOT know any other Illusion spells?

I just noticed I don't quite understand how both types of spells known interact!

EDIT:

Two more here....

One for Ra'Shari Diviners:
A Ra'Shari sahir may cast up to six spells from each Cokaloi per day but not more total than the sum of their Rings.
Does this mean six spells per Cokaloi type (i.e. Dawn, Dusk and Night, i.e. they have a hard maximum of 18 per day even if the sum of their rings is higher than that) or six spells per 'Cokalos' (i.e. 6 uses of any single spell, but possibly more uses of the same type up to a total equal to the sum of their Rings)?

And one on Slings
Stone: Free, Iron: 10 pool, Lead: 30 pool
Is that 10/30 pool per stone, or per a certain amount of stones (like arrows which cost between 20 pool and 1 copper for 10)?

Thanks again!!
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Thu May 19, 2022 9:35 am

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:10 am
One more possibly stupid question:

If you know a spell due to Fitfully Sleeping Blood and can cast it as a Jinn, do you also know it as a Sahir? Or would you have to learn it again to cast it as a Sahir?
Fitfully Sleeping Blood is something inherent and instinctual. Sahir would still need to learn the spell 'the old fashioned way' to be able to grasp the next step in the seal. Fitfully Sleeping Blood castings would be separate from Sahir castings.
a) Would you have to 'relearn' Control/Illusion 2 to get Control/Illusion 3?
Yes.
A Ra'Shari sahir may cast up to six spells from each Cokaloi per day but not more total than the sum of their Rings.
Does this mean six spells per Cokaloi type (i.e. Dawn, Dusk and Night, i.e. they have a hard maximum of 18 per day even if the sum of their rings is higher than that) or six spells per 'Cokalos' (i.e. 6 uses of any single spell, but possibly more uses of the same type up to a total equal to the sum of their Rings)?
Six per cokaloi type
And one on Slings
Stone: Free, Iron: 10 pool, Lead: 30 pool
Is that 10/30 pool per stone, or per a certain amount of stones (like arrows which cost between 20 pool and 1 copper for 10)?

Thanks again!!
[/quote]

Per 10 bullets.
GM • City of Stories

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 5:21 am

When summoning Jinn, for the non-specified traits, should be roll on the tables ourselves, or involve you?

I assume for the Negotiation roll though we'll need GM involvement :)
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Fri May 20, 2022 12:32 pm

Does Engineering count as a Craft skill for the purpose of Making Money?
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri May 20, 2022 4:17 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:21 am
When summoning Jinn, for the non-specified traits, should be roll on the tables ourselves, or involve you?

Yes. You can even roll the Negotiation roll's since it's a simple opposed roll based on the derived stats from the creation not something I need to whip up. Just tag me after so I can figure out what they're 'charging' based on your result.
GM • City of Stories

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri May 20, 2022 4:17 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:32 pm
Does Engineering count as a Craft skill for the purpose of Making Money?
Yes.
GM • City of Stories

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri May 20, 2022 4:36 pm

Jewel wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:17 pm
Qara al-Hazaad wrote:

Yes. You can even roll the Negotiation roll's since it's a simple opposed roll based on the derived stats from the creation not something I need to whip up. Just tag me after so I can figure out what they're 'charging' based on your result.
Ok, ust to confirm the rough process:

6 hours (2 time slots) of summoning:

Theology/Air vs tn 5, +5 to TN for every specified. We can choose the type of Jinn without increasing the TN? Or is thta also randomized, and +5 if we choose?

Commerce/Air vs their commerce/air to determine stuff?
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri May 20, 2022 4:49 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:36 pm
Jewel wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:17 pm
Qara al-Hazaad wrote:

Ok, ust to confirm the rough process:

6 hours (2 time slots) of summoning:

Theology/Air vs tn 5, +5 to TN for every specified. We can choose the type of Jinn without increasing the TN? Or is thta also randomized, and +5 if we choose?

Commerce/Air vs their commerce/air to determine stuff?
Mostly correct.

6 hours (2 time slots) for the summoning ritual.

Theology/Air base TN5 to summon. +5 to choose type of Jinn (otherwise random), +5 per bonus you want to select for the Jinn (still limited by their Jinn type - a randomly rolled Labor Jinn cannot have a Combat Bonus selected even if you have selections to make).

Generate bonuses by selecting and/or rolling as per summoning TN.

Negotiate with contested Commerce/Awareness.

Info and tables for rolling here.
GM • City of Stories