GM Questions

Jewel

Re: GM Questions

Post by Jewel » Mon May 03, 2021 10:34 am

Al-Haddar wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:20 pm
Which gods are prayed in the House of the Heavens? In general, what is the dominant religion in Medinaat al-Salaam?
Shilah extensively, perhaps some prayers to Kaleel as well.

There would be lessons/stories from Mekhem but that doesn't really fall under 'worship' so much.
GM • City of Stories

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 03, 2021 11:16 am

Jewel wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:43 pm
Raya wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:20 pm
For the maze:
Find the Path: Roll Hunting/Perception (Trailblazing) at TN15 or Lore: Medinaat al-Salaam/Perception at TN20. Mekham characters reduce the TN by 5. Way of the Land: Medinaat al-Salaam reduces the TN by 5. Absolute Direction reduces the TN by 5. These reductions stack and may negate the need to roll. If traveling to a location within the Maze you have visited before Precise Memory applies despite this not being an Intelligence check.
Would Lore: Underworld also work here?
I'd allow it if you're specifically seeking something criminal but not for general path finding.
Continuation question here
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Tue May 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Apologies if this has been answered. Will there be xp this game, seeing as it's a short one?
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Tue May 04, 2021 4:41 pm

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:20 pm
Apologies if this has been answered. Will there be xp this game, seeing as it's a short one?
Dangerous threads may earn some and there will be a small bit at session flip and game end.
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Tue May 04, 2021 6:08 pm

Jewel wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:41 pm
Dangerous threads may earn some and there will be a small bit at session flip and game end.
Follow-up question here - Are these dangerous threads planned, or do they come up on an as-needed basis? I'm guessing that D4 thing you mentioned in the event is one, for example?

That's not to say I'm actively trying to find chances to hurt poor Faruq, but...

(Ok, maybe I am :lol: )

EDIT: Another follow-up question here - are there any rolls that might help remember additional info here to get Aydi and me going with this search?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=272&p=2627#p2627
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Wed May 05, 2021 8:58 am

So, we gain points if we raise for Called Shots. Do those Called Shots have any effects outside of more points? e.g. aim for the eye etc...
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 05, 2021 9:03 am

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:08 pm
Jewel wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:41 pm
Follow-up question here - Are these dangerous threads planned, or do they come up on an as-needed basis? I'm guessing that D4 thing you mentioned in the event is one, for example?

That's not to say I'm actively trying to find chances to hurt poor Faruq, but...

(Ok, maybe I am :lol: )
For this game they came up as needed other than D4's event. Future games may have them planned.
GM • City of Stories

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 05, 2021 9:06 am

Arash Karuvah wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:58 am
So, we gain points if we raise for Called Shots. Do those Called Shots have any effects outside of more points? e.g. aim for the eye etc...
Only for points.

Basically you can call raises for damage to try and be the overall winner or you can call raises for showboating to try to get guaranteed points.
GM • City of Stories

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Wed May 05, 2021 10:06 am

Would the Yodotai chain shirt be allowed for the event?

It would confer a -5 penalty to my rolls
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 05, 2021 10:15 am

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:06 am
Would the Yodotai chain shirt be allowed for the event?

It would confer a -5 penalty to my rolls
Overall armor is not allowed. He could try to sneak it in under a tunic but it's likely to be pretty obvious after the first arrow.
GM • City of Stories