An apple a day [D5 EA, Khesir's Quarter, Open]

Faruq Al-Farhan

An apple a day [D5 EA, Khesir's Quarter, Open]

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm

After his more or less failed attempt at providing help in the Khesir quarter a few days ago, and with the Archery Festival officially over, Faruq decided to give it another try. He went through the Thoroughfare again before making his way to the cursed quarter, this time buying 15 pool worth of mostly apples, figs and dates, and also carried a small bucket with water.

Arriving at the same place he'd been to the last time, he sets down a towel again, sits on it, and places some of the fruit, the bucket with water holding a ladle inside, and his medical equipment around him, and keeps a peaceful, smiling face, waiting - hoping - for a calmer approach by the people of the quarter this time.

Again - he was nothing if not patient...

EDIT: Actually 15 pool! I'd forgotten I'd actually got some more money on Session 2 :)
Last edited by Faruq Al-Farhan on Mon May 10, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: An apple a day [D5 EA, Khesir's Quarter, Open]

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 10, 2021 8:54 pm

Faruq would not be the only one in the quarter today looking to do some good Qasim made his way through the area dressed in much simpler, less extravagant clothing than normal and with no gold woven into his hair. The merchant had a couple of servants with him carrying food and some very simple but new bundles of children's clothing and shoes.

Qasim waved to the Healer "Hello friend I recognize you from the competition you are the Healer who also made an excellent pin cushion for the Khadi yes? Faruq I think yes?"
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 10, 2021 9:19 pm

Qasim al-Basiri wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:54 pm
Faruq would not be the only one in the quarter today looking to do some good Qasim made his way through the area dressed in much simpler, less extravagant clothing than normal and with no gold woven into his hair. The merchant had a couple of servants with him carrying food and some very simple but new bundles of children's clothing and shoes.

Qasim waved to the Healer "Hello friend I recognize you from the competition you are the Healer who also made an excellent pin cushion for the Khadi yes? Faruq I think yes?"
Hearing Qasim's voice, the man turns his head up towards him. His face is serious and calm - perhaps a little surprised to see one of the Dahabi here offering food, of all people, but if he is surprised he hides it relatively well.

"Oh? Peace be upon you, Sayyid.", he says, nodding a bit from the ground. "That was me, yes. I see you've also come to offer some help to those who need it most? That's a good thing to see", he adds with a weak, but sincere smile.
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 10, 2021 9:36 pm

Qasim chuckled "you put on a good show, though I doubt the wisdom of letting her shoot you so much. Not sure if foolish or brave. Perhaps a little of both." He said smiling to the other man.

"I am not like most other of my people Si, I don't not hoard wealth simply to own it but rather seek to do good with my gifts.i cannot heal like you, nor meaningfully help these people but I can use my coin to at least make sure some have supplies they need."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 10, 2021 9:48 pm

The weak smile broadens a small bit and he nods again.

"Well... Courage sleeps in the heart of the common man, alays khdlk? If with some hope getting shot helps awaken it, as the Prophet said... "

He shrugs. He may not look thoroughly convinced at the man's intentions, but still - a meal is a meal, and these people definitely needed it.

"At any rate, I'm sure these people will be glad for your help, by action or coin.", he says with another nod, then points to a spot near him on the towel.

"I'm... sure you're used to much better arrangements, but if you wish to join me here as your men get your supplies ready. With such an offer... I'm hoping people may be less wary than is usual for this neighbourhood and I may actually manage to help more people as well", he says with another smile.

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 10, 2021 9:53 pm

"Faruq, if I may be so familiar. I may run a Luxuries Shop here in the city but I have been on more than one caravan trip where I spent months with little more than a blanket to sleep on the sand." He said smiling as he sat on the towel next to the other man.

His servants laid out the supplies around them adding food to the pilesFaruq had already set out and the shoes and clothes all around them and then retreated so as not to be an intimidating gathering just two men sitting on a towel surrounded by food medicine and clothes. "So why is it that you do what you do here Faruq, a skilled physician could be making a lot of coin in this city."

------------------
Wasn't sure how much things cost spending 8 copper and 80 pool to provide supplies to the district

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Tue May 11, 2021 4:49 am

Although a cooler day than most the afternoon sun still sent those who rarely saw water into hiding. Eventually though the bustle and noise of the servants attracted attention. Slowly people approached though with great caution and were quick to rush away once snatching some of the offered food and water.

(Investigation/Perception (Notice))
GM • City of Stories

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 11, 2021 5:15 am

Qasim sat and awaited Faruq's answer. He was a merchant not a detective but it would seem coming to this part of town had the man feeling particularly perceptive.

-----------------------------
D5 per/inv no skill no tn: 2d10 20

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Tue May 11, 2021 5:45 am

At the edges of the area they have set up in, on each side, imposing and rough looking individuals have materialized. Though they are far from being Dahabi Qasim recognizes enforcers, of one type or another, when he sees them. They do not yet seem to be making any aggressive or hostile moves but they are watching the scene intently.

Also in the distance there seems to be a faint humming sound.
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Tue May 11, 2021 7:49 am

Faruq on the other hand had become a bit more perceptive since his first visit... But not today, apparently.

For now, he just kept a faint smile on his face and waited for those gathered to approach... if and when they would.

To the Dahabi, he gave a mod of understanding, then answered "I see, rafiq. Forgive me for assuming. And you see... I make do with what money I get from my work. But I ask of people no more than they can give. And this..." he waved around. "I won't assume again - you must have seen what it's like in the Maze, and here, even in parts of other districts. It's so different from the better parts of the River district and the Merchant's district that it could easily be mistaken for a different city, if ours weren't... as it is."

He looks at the man again, nodding with a serious expression for a moment before going back to a faint smile directed at the people of the district. "I do what I can to protect and help this City, you see. The Sands, even, in a way. It may not be much on any given day, but a drop of water is better than none"

OOC:
Adding roll, not that it helps much!

D5 EA - Inv/Per: 3d10o10k2 12