An apple a day [D5 EA, Khesir's Quarter, Open]

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: An apple a day [D5 EA, Khesir's Quarter, Open]

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 11, 2021 3:26 pm

Qasim nodded "I understand, it is just rare to find genuine compassion in this city. Most always have an angle, a reason for doing what they do."

Leaning closer in Qasim lowered his voice "It seems we have attracted someone's attention." He said darting his eyes toward the large fellows at the edge of the crowd
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Tue May 11, 2021 4:09 pm

He keeps from looking directly to where the man indicated, but nods again to confirm he heard him.

"Well... I would say what you call genuine compassion is an angle in itself. Just... Not one aimed at improving one's own lot. That is... not directly, at least."

He then waves his hands around, and takes this chance to take a glance at those Qasim's eyes has pointed to.

"Imagine a city where none would spend so long without proper water and food that they end up afraid when it's offered to them", he says, a bit louder, as if hoping some around would hear him as well.

Another look around as if pointing the neighbourhood. "Imagine a city - or a world - where respect did not have to bloom from fear. With no fear to have something taken, because none would fear their needs would not be met"

He looks at the Dahabi again. "Of course... There are dangers even greater, and we would still fear and the courage to face those. But courage comes much easier with one's thirst quencher and one's belly full. So... You see, I'd say it is an angle, eh?", he ends with a smile that seems a tad too serious.
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Wed May 12, 2021 12:25 am

Qasim chuckled "I wonder if you speak of our world or not. It is a lovely image you paint but will there not always be those willing to sacrifice others for their own sake? Makes this Utopia you speak of difficult to achieve. Though I suppose hope is a powerful force."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed May 12, 2021 4:08 am

The man nods, a tired, but resolute smile on his face. "Hope is often all we can cling to, alays khdlk? And if one's hope can spark hope and courage in others..."

He looks at Qasim for a moment, then looks around again.

"I'm not blind to the fact many don't think twice to sacrifice others to guarantee their own chunk of meat. Just... life in the gutter has taught me the strength and value of community. I keep hoping others may learn by example, as I did. And if not... " He shrugs "At least hopefully I'll have helped some folks see Shilah's face one more time."
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.