In My Father's House [MM5]

Aydi al-Qais

In My Father's House [MM5]

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 09, 2021 1:41 pm

Aydi did some groceries shopping in the market and went back home to restock his father's provisions. Aydi had been accompanying him throughout, and now shot forth toward the house.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Jewel

Re: In My Father's House [MM5]

Post by Jewel » Sun May 09, 2021 1:55 pm

The house is once again in disarray, papers scattered, some crumpled, as his father works furiously at his desk. Aydi, the befurred, rushes off to sniff something by the door.
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Tue May 11, 2021 6:07 pm

"What are you working on, alab? Are you hungry? I've brought some fresh produce. I have figs." Aydi sighed and put down the basket to start collecting things from the floor so that they don't get destroyed out of dog's excitement. He took a glance what the papers were about.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 12, 2021 12:22 am

(Spellcraft TN20 and/or Lore:Qabal TN15 - more success with raises)
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 12, 2021 8:12 am

MM5. Lore: Qabal. 1R. VP.: 5d10o10k4 31
MM5. Spellcraft. VP.: 5d10o10k4 29

To his surprise, Aydi seemed to know what this was about. At least to some extent. His father had taught him well.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 12, 2021 8:40 am

The older man had just grunted at human Aydi's question as he stayed focused on whatever notes he was working on. He seemed to alternate between reading and writing.

As he gathered and looked over the scraps of paper on the floor a few things stood out. It definitely seemed that his father was researching something regarding the Seal... perhaps some new or altered formulation of it? It did seem to perhaps have some relation to Influence magic, there were similarities to what Aydi himself knew, but that didn't seem quite right. Perhaps it was a similar school of thought?

One that caught his eye seemed less about the specific research and a note that must have been made during it though now clearly crumpled and discarded.
Altair's variation? But the angle of conjunction seems wrong? Misremembering or just different? Need to review the scrolls in the University library.
Aydi recognizes Altair's name as an early Qabalist, nearly a contemporary of Hakhim, who had a hand in the early versions of many of the common manipulations of the Seal especially those pertaining to Life and Death.

The mention of the University library also stands out as strange to Aydi. The destruction of the University in Medinaat al-Salaam predated his father's birth so it seemed unlikely to be a memory misplaced in time. Could he mean a University outside of the city? Or something else?
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 12, 2021 10:49 am

Something clicked. There was a lot to process, but for now Aydi focused on a single thought, like a hound on an odour. "When shall we get back to the library, alab? Altair's works might be referenced there."

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 12, 2021 11:40 am

"Daft as you are horny, eh boy." He lifts up a scroll, "Already there and back."

He shakes his head, muttering under his breath, as he goes back to work.

The canine Aydi whines for a moment as if the one chastised before he returns to sniffing the muck covered shoes by the door.
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 12, 2021 1:27 pm

Aydi's heart skipped a beat, and for a moment anger flared in him over his father's recklessness. Before he said anything, however, he reflected on the inability of one person to live the life of another, no matter how closely bound. And one thing was certain; Ayfat's mind could hardly be changed on anything.

"May I help, alab?" He asked quietly while comforting the dog having taken the shoes outside to dry off so that the muck could flake off by itself.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Thu May 13, 2021 9:59 pm

A long sigh, "This is beyond you boy. But, sure, sit... just no barking."
GM • City of Stories