[Day 5, EE, Qasim's place] Checkin-Checkout

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: [Day 5, EE, Qasim's place] Checkin-Checkout

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 3:16 pm

"I was warned that making friends with them might 'effect my reputation' and possibly make enemies. It seemed an ofmdd thing, but I figured you would know better than I."

Sora turned so her back was against the railing and her arms resting on it to each side of herself.

"But then, I'm also told I trust others and their opinions too easily and such."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 10, 2021 8:48 pm

"It seems you are told many things, but what do you think?" He asked raising an eyebrow. His eyes couldn't help but wander up and down her frame posed as she was "also hold that pose." He said and he poked his head out the door a few seconds later a servant arrived with sheets of papyrus, a reed and an ink pot set them on the table and left.

Qasim sat "please continue I just needed to sketch you, if that's alright. You look absolutely amazing right now."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 9:19 pm

"So you want me to... stay still?"

She tried to do so as best she could as she talked, "Um... well, as to me, I think everyone is an individual. While upbringing can have a big influence on your predilections, I think it's what you do with them that ultimately decides who you are. And from what I've seen, the Ra'Shari are no different. Maybe they live lives that are more desperate thanks to always being on the move, but it doesn't mean they're all crooks or con-merchants. Not even most. And I understand how one rotten fruit can spoil the bunch, but I also think it's unfair to take that mentality too far."

The fortunate thing about speaking is it meant you didn't need to move otherwise, so the princess just kind of stayed lounged against the railing, legs a little spread like they had been.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 10, 2021 9:32 pm

Qasim chuckled "you don't have to be a statue just don't change positions." He said as he dipped reed into ink and the faint scratch of pen on papyrus was heard with Qasim looking up everyone in awhile then back down listening as he did so.

"You have a rather progressive mind Soraya. Many, especially among our people, cannot see beyond reputations and stereotypes unfortunately." He commented as he sketched "to really understand that we are all more or less created equal regardless of pedigree or standing is a thought you don't see much among the Dahabi. How did you come to this conclusion? I have a feeling it's not something your father would teach."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 9:39 pm

"Books, mostly. And getting to meet people. One of the Ra'Shari I met said she didn't trust I was telling the truth when I said such things, but I guess stereotyping goes both ways. I can't do anymore than try to be myself..."

She trailed off and seemed to think a moment.

"I was also told to make plans to leave my father's house. That I may not be useful to him for long. Combined with the things others have said, it makes me think that maybe this whole "growing up" thing isn't everything it is cracked up to be."
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 10, 2021 9:44 pm

Qasim chuckled "no, no it is not. Children yearn for the freedom of being an adult and many adults wish for the simplicity of being a child again. But growing up has its advantages, you get to be who you are and not who your parents wish you to be." He spoke while he worked glancing up for reference every now and again.

He was quite for a while working while he thought but then he set down the pen and motioned for Soraya to come over "it doesn't do you justice but it's not bad for a sketch. Mainly I want something to reference later when I paint you." He said showing her the drawing it was a pretty good drawing for one made with an ink pen that didn't allow for much shading but the line work was a well done recreation of Soraya and the background.

-----------------------
D5 Artisan roll fluff vp +1k1: 6d10o10k5 30

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 10:39 pm

Soraya got up off the railing and took her pants, draping them over her arm as she walked over to look at the sketch, "...I like it, a lot. You are quite the artist Si Qasim. I'm looking forward to the painting even more now."

Her bright smile at the painting faded somewhat as she continued, "You're right though... My father can't legally keep me home anymore. But money and a home have a way of tying one down."
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 10, 2021 11:18 pm

Qasim smiled at her evaluation of his work and thought for a long moment looking down at the drawing then out to the surrounding area before smiling to her "Stay here." He said simply after the pause.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 11:48 pm

She put her feet together and gave Qasim a salute, "Aye aye, captain. Staying where I am. I can sit down at least, right? Not that I'd mind staying standing too much I suppose..."
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 10, 2021 11:57 pm

Qasim laughed "no no, well yes you my certainly sit if you wish but thats not what I meant. I meant stay here." He emphasized the word and swept his hand toward the house "I have more room and money than any one man needs."

He stood looking down to Soraya "and maybe I'm a silly infatuated fool but." He paused kissing her cheek "I would certainly love having you around. You could use the library whenever you wanted, there's plenty to do here and the city is only a few minutes of travel away. It would allow you freedom from your father and I would allow you a place to live with no strings attached. I won't seek to control you or manipulate you."