[Day 5, EM, Ra'Shari Caravan] Morning Has Broken

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: [Day 5, EM, Ra'Shari Caravan] Morning Has Broken

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 3:46 am

That got a look up and a shot of emotion in the face, "Oh, so much more fun, yes. When I hit it off with someone, actually like them, and there's some back and forth... well, it's so much more fun and passionate feeling. Much more spontaneous and enjoyable. ...is that what you were asking about?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 3:52 am

"I'm just saying that that's what sleeping with someone should be. I don't know if they plan to set you up with some marriage as a brood mare someday, but I... strongly suggest you do what you can to avoid lovemaking without any reciprocal spark."

Kezia sighed.

"I mean, your life in the city is so constrained compared to mine..."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 3:57 am

"So, what, run away from home? Try to make a life on my own? I could leave if I wanted to, but I've no idea what I'd do without a home or any money really. And I like my little brother and my pets and such, and I probably wouldn't be able to see them anymore, maybe bring one pet like my canary with me or such..."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 4:23 am

"I'm not suggesting you throw it all away to run off with us or anything of the sort... but I think you need to start being more... pointed with your father and his wishes. You should know why you do what you do, and not in the, 'for the good of the family' sense. Try to understand the plans you're being used to carry out."

She set her empty cup down on the seat.

"And then you can start making plans of your own. He doesn't mean to let you inherit... tell me, Soraya. When youth and its beauty have fled, what do you think awaits you?""

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 4:45 am

"I have no idea. I will say though, I am trying to look into that a bit; Plans for the future, what my father might be hiding from me, why my father decided to remarry for an heir, and so forth. You remember that private detective Aydi I take it?"
Influence:

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 4:47 am

"Hard to forget someone so handsome, charming, and prone to slipping out of Raya's wagon in the wee hours of the night when Raya's not in it."

Kezia crooked a smile.

"Plus he was with us in the only serious dust-up since hitting the city this time."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 5:15 am

"Ah, right. Well, he's going to help me look into my father's past, the mysteries of my mother's family, and what changed over the years. I swear, things felt so much happier when I was young; Father spent so much time with me, and mother even spent time with me outside of the harem chambers. We would go on small trips and father would show me where he worked... it just feels like something must have happened that I am out of the loop on."
Influence:

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 5:18 am

Oh you poor kid.

"I think whatever he finds is likely to make you unhappy, Soraya. Are you prepared for that?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 5:37 am

"...then again, if you were in my sandals, would you be happy NOT knowing? Once you start thinking there is something to know, it feels like it's hard to put that djinn back in the bottle, I think."
Influence:

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 5:40 am

"Oh, without doubt. But that thing I said about making plans of your own... it might not hurt to start working on those ahead of time. Start stashing some wealth for yourself against hard times. Have something for yourself, so to speak."

She chuckled.

"And with your charm, I've not doubt you can get a few willing accomplices for various endeavors."