[Day 5, EM, Ra'Shari Caravan] Morning Has Broken

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: [Day 5, EM, Ra'Shari Caravan] Morning Has Broken

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 1:50 am

"Well I'm public relations. At least that's what father says. I talk and mingle and bring people's spirits up in order to help forge friendly relations and establish bonds of trust. I suppose it's a mix of socializing, entertainment, hospitality, and... well, other things."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 2:02 am

"So you're his primary asset for a charm offensive. Do you know which targets he might have in mind for that sort of thing/"
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 2:16 am

"Im... not actually supposed to talk about the details of that stuff. Father says they're company secrets, and people would get angry if I said too much, not just him."

Sora seemed a bit uncomfortable, but spoke up again.

"Regardless it's mostly people in other Dahabi houses, mingling at parties and such, you see. I don't think those without significant coin or investments are even a consideration..."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 2:38 am

"So you've been trained with a definite purpose, trained not to say who you're directed at, and you probably know just enough to fulfill your role."

Kezia clucked her tongue.

"Quite the birdcage you're in. I can see why you flutter against the bars as you do."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 2:45 am

A self conscious look, Sora twirling her fingers slowly around one another, "It's... not so bad in a way. Get to meet new people, get to know them, have some fun, maybe sleep with them if they seem interested..."

Soraya trailed off, then sighed, "...I suppose I'd rather it was just a choice though, rather than a job. That things were genuine rather than feeling like manipulation."

She looked up at Kezia, "I really DO like making people happy, Miss Kezia, I honestly do. That's not just training and a role. But..."

The princess trails off again before giving a little shrug.
Influence:

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 3:08 am

"Sleep with them if they seem interested?"

Kezia clucked her tongue.

"Say what they will about the Ra'Shari, I can truthfully say that the only people I sleep with are the ones I'm interested in. And even those in our caravan who lay for pay tend to pick their own clients... because pardon my frankness, Soraya, but if anyone has even a passing interest in sleeping with women, they'll probably have an interest in you. Which seems to remove a great deal of choice from your life."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 3:17 am

She tilted her head a little, "But... isn't that how life is? Sometimes you have to do things you wouldn't do otherwise in order to do your job, or serve those you work for? I mean, I'm guessing no one would have wanted to be shot at by Lady Menjari if there hadn't been pressure to do so and potential rewards. No one gets very far by only doing what they want to do. ...right?"
Influence:

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 3:22 am

"I chose to let the Khadi have her shots at me. No one made me. I chose to approach Rufus the first night I saw him. I chose to help Raya chase you down and help fend off those shitbags."

She made a sort of warding gesture with her hands.

"So I do not see the parallel to sleeping with someone because they want to sleep with you, even if you don't really feel the same. If I end up carrying a little redheaded baby to term in the months ahead, that's because of my choices, not my obligations."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 3:33 am

"Oh."

Sora had certainly never thought about it like that, and she kind of sat forward so her chin was in her hands, elbows on her knees through the brown robe, "Well... I mean... seducing people and getting people to like me is what I'm trained to do. I don't really know any other life. Certainly all this time outside of the house has been enlightening, but now I just feel useless."
Influence:

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 3:38 am

"Tell me, is it more or less fun to sleep with someone who sort of seduces you back?"