[Day 5, EM, Ra'Shari Caravan] Morning Has Broken

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: [Day 5, EM, Ra'Shari Caravan] Morning Has Broken

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 09, 2021 10:01 pm

She honestly wasn't sure if Kezi meant her fling with Raya or with Aydi... perhaps she had been abusing the gracious hosts here. The blush deepened and she looked down at her coffee.

"Should I have been more secretive then? I do not want to leave a bad impression on the people who live and work here..."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sun May 09, 2021 10:26 pm

That... got a laugh.

"Being more secretive wouldn't have worked, my friend. Besides. We like to bring a little joy into peoples' lives. If you like to visit us to find it, that's not a bad thing, from where we sit. Although I have to wonder how your reputation will fare in the city if you become known as a friend of ours."

She adopted a stage whisper.

"And besides, it did Raya good."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 09, 2021 11:45 pm

"My reputation... Well, I suppose I will keep that in mind. I know I am not exactly seen as typical as is."

The last comment got a thrill of excitement from Sora, though it mostly only showed outside with a warm smile, "And did it? ...I am glad. She is a very special woman. She deserves as many good things as she can get."

The princess finished off the strong cup of coffee, feeling a bit more awake and warm then when she'd wandered out into the cool desert morning.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sun May 09, 2021 11:51 pm

"She generally gets what she goes after. Sometimes she just needs a nudge to do the going after..."

Kezia knocked back her cup of water.

"So. I have to ask. What's your deepest, darkest secret?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 09, 2021 11:55 pm

"Secret?"

Soraya furrowed her brow a bit as she set the cup to the side and pulled down her hood.

"I am... unsure, off hand. My first instinct is it would depend on who is doing the asking. Things I would never want my family to know would be different from what I would not want a friend to know... let alone a stranger."
Influence:

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 12:01 am

"Call me paranoid, Soraya, but anyone who plays as open a hand as you seem to do has to be hiding something. I just can't figure out what. Or from whom."

She shrugged.

"Not that I think your intentions are anything but the best, but..."

She sighed.

"Life has taught me to look for the rough edges."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 12:16 am

Soraya tapped her chin thoughtfully.

"Oh. Well... I suppose that depends on what you know about me? I don't think I hide anything, but it's possible I could give people the wrong impression about myself."
Influence:

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 12:43 am

"Try to put yourself in the position of a Ra'Shari. Consider our dealings with the Dahabi, and what is said about us. The history. And then imagine a Dahabi who, without being on the outs with her own family, seems to be completely, innocently frank and open. That... might be a good place to start."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 10, 2021 12:52 am

"Ah, well... as to that, I would say my family doesn't exactly approve of that. But you have to understand, not much is expected of me in that regard. Since I'm already in an unusual position and not inheriting the family business, I'm already seen as kind of a special case. My... eccentricities are forgiven, I think, because who I am is someone who already is known to be fairly different. So long as I keep up my work and relations though,I think it's seen as more a fascination than any real harm. Though that's a best guess based on what others have said about my opinions before."
Influence:

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Mon May 10, 2021 1:47 am

"And what, precisely, is your position in your family? I gather there's a younger brother who will be inheriting the business, so... what have you been... groomed for?"