What Comes Next (LM, Ali's home)

Ali ibn Farid

What Comes Next (LM, Ali's home)

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sat May 08, 2021 11:55 am

With a heavy grunt, Ali pulled himself up off of the ladder, and onto the landing outside of his home. He panted, lying there, staring up at the sky. Climbing that ladder had been one of the more physically challenging things he'd done. He grimaced as he prodded at his chest, checking the bandages. They seemed secure, anyway; Faruq did good work.

Finally, with another grunt, Ali pushed himself to his feet. Perhaps it had been a mistake to not stay longer at Faruq's place. Or at least to refuse assistance with getting back to his. But Ali had wanted to reflect. To think. And he wanted to be in his own bed.

Still moving slowly, Ali pushed open the curtain that blocked his doorway and stepped inside...
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: What Comes Next (LM, Ali's home)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 3:24 pm

Laid out on Ali's simple bed and bathed in a stray sunbeam coming from the stairwell, a Dahabi princess lay on her side. Her side gently rose and fell as she slept without any covers, though she held one of Ali's shits to herself like a security blanket. On the dresser a pile of various things was strewn out, bandages and small bottles and jars... along with the princess's dagger.

Either way no disguise was in evidence, Soraya laid out on the bed in the wispy satins and meshes that barely hid her athletic young body that she seemed to like so much.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sat May 08, 2021 4:06 pm

Ali hadn't been expecting anyone. Normally a surprise intruder would have had him scrabbling for his sword. This time... he took a deep breath.

Slowly, he walked over, until he stood next to the bed, eyes drinking in the sight of gorgeous Dahabi princess. He couldn't help but smile, any number of things pushing the expression onto his face despite his injuries.

Carefully, both for her sake and his, Ali sat next to her, one hand coming up to gently brush across her cheek.
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 4:31 pm

Sora muttered something unintelligible in her sleep and shifted a little but did not wake up, hugging the shirt closer to herself reflexively.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sat May 08, 2021 4:41 pm

Ali's smile grew, as did the warmth of his gaze. For a few moments longer, he watched her, sun dancing over her skin as she hugged his shirt. Beautiful, passionate, and kind; she was truly something special. Special to him.

Tilting his head, Ali regarded the sleeping princess. He'd had only a brief glance in her room before he'd been thrown out, but a glance at her library and what she'd previously told him was enough to know that she loved fairytales. And how did one wake a princess in fairytales?

Cupping her cheek in one hand, Ali leaned down, bringing his lips to hers for a tender kiss.
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Eyes finally fluttered open a bit, and Sora shifted, speaking wearily as she came to, Morning already? This isn't... mf."

She pulled the shift over her face between the two of them, making little sleepy disappointed sounds.
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sat May 08, 2021 5:00 pm

Ali chuckled softly. "Good morning, princess. It is morning." He ran a hand gently down her arm. "Late morning, in fact."

He paused a moment as he considered her words. "How long have you been here? I was surprised to see you..." his lips curled up. "Surprised, but pleased. Very pleased, indeed."
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 5:20 pm

"Mmm, wha...? Just five more... Ali?"

She sat bolt upright, hair a bit askew, "Ali! Are you okay?!? I brought bandages and tinctures and herbs and, and..."
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sat May 08, 2021 5:26 pm

Ali's eyes widened at her sudden return to consciousness. "I'm okay, I assure you." He said, raising one hand, still smiling. "I awoke... elsewhere. The doctor Faruq had taken me to his home, and ensured that I made it through the night." He grimaced. "I am not at my best, but I am out of danger."

Pursing his lips, Ali reached out, brushing an errant strand of Sora's hair back into place. "Have you been trained in medicine? I've been treated... that's rather a lot..." He chewed his lip a moment. "You came to treat me, then?"
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 5:46 pm

"I, I... I have not. But I just had to do ~something~. You were unconcious and bleeding... I had been told you'd been stabilized, but I thought you must still hurt this morning, so I came here with everything I could grab from the medinine cupboard at home."

The princess pouted softly, half hiding it behind that shirt as she sat on the bed.
Influence: