In My Father's House [MM5]

Aydi al-Qais

Re: In My Father's House [MM5]

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 15, 2021 9:14 am

Aydi didn't comment but sat near and tried to make something of what his father was actually doing. Was he developing an improved way to utilise the Seal for dealing with minds? If Aydi were vindictive - or younger - he could think that it's his own mind that his father needs to do some dealing with, but petty thoughts of this kind no longer carried any satisfaction for him.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 16, 2021 5:36 am

Aydi sees more notes similar to those he had gathered off the floor though his father seemed to be moving across various topics as he worked. Whatever it was seemed to be high level theory.

(Spellcraft/Intelligence TN30 with raises for more)
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 16, 2021 9:24 am

Aydi, sadly, didn't get it.

MM5. Higher Magicks! Spellcraft.: 4d10o10k3 24
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 16, 2021 2:48 pm

The exact nature of his father's studies eluded Aydi but, for a brief moment, sitting beside the old man and trying to follow along it almost felt like the old days, before things had fallen apart. True, it might be that only distraction stymied any sharp or hurtful words from his father but, for a moment at least, there was respite.

(Scene?)
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 16, 2021 6:46 pm

/scene!