Fancy Seeing You Here [Houses of Dahab](LA, Expecting)

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: Fancy Seeing You Here [Houses of Dahab](LA, Expecting)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 08, 2021 5:33 am

Qasim smiled slyly "yes I am and I have a refined pallet as well. Why do you think I bring a private stock to every party? You should be quite honored I offered to share." He said with feigned offense turning his nose up.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 5:36 am

A slight smirk, "Any stock you bring pales in comparison to myself simply showing up in the first place. I am told I am the true life of a good party, you know."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 08, 2021 5:43 am

An eyebrow rose slightly "Oh? You'll have to prove that tonight Sayyeda or they will say House Menjari can't put their money where their mouth is."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 5:58 am

"I fully intend to. Especially with so many guests! Though... circumstances are a bit troubled. Still!"

She brought her hands together in front of herself, "My archer did quite well I think, so perhaps she will receive some recognition! That would certainly perk me back up."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 08, 2021 5:38 pm

"Indeed!" He smiled back to Soraya "and do you know what you will ask of the Khadi for the boon you might win if your archer did indeed come in first?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 5:48 pm

"A boon, if I win?"

Sora tilted her head most curiously, "Is that a real thing or are you just pulling my leg, Qasim?"
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 08, 2021 6:33 pm

Qasim's eyes widened a little "Sayyeda did you enter the contest without knowing the true prize?" He chuckled a little "I swear sometimes I can't tell if you are lucky or on an entirely different level of Cunning than me." He shook his head

"Yes the winner of the tournament gets some kind of boon from the Khadi, copper is ok but that boon was the real prize of the tournament. A powerful but possibly dangerous tool if I understand the nature of the Khadi correctly."
Last edited by Qasim al-Basiri on Sat May 08, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 6:46 pm

Sora put her finger to her chin, "Interesting... I suppose I will need to think on that. I have been told Miss Yarut did especially well, after all."

She looked at him, "What sort of boon would YOU ask of Lady Majdala if she offered you one?"
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sun May 09, 2021 2:44 am

"She did indeed, I am sure she is receiving recognition and care as plenty reward. Good help is hard to find, try not to let her stray too far."

Qasim paused a moment thinking on the question "It is hard to say, it would depend on the limitations, money is nice but I assume you already got plenty of that, a new soup kitchen or alms house would benefit the poor if that was your aim. One of the Khadi's guards or servants for your own has benefits. The possibilities are expansive."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 09, 2021 2:58 am

"Some good suggestions, should it come to that."

She gave Qasim a smile before standing up, smoothing out her clothes, "For now though, I think I shall go check on Miss Yarut; Even if they still won't let me in to see her, any news would be appreciated at this point."
Influence: