Fancy Seeing You Here [Houses of Dahab](LA, Expecting)

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: Fancy Seeing You Here [Houses of Dahab](LA, Expecting)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 07, 2021 6:56 pm

Qasim chuckled "Freedom, secrecy. It is true that there is more obvious danger outside the walls of the city being inside has its own struggles and threats in my line of work. I do have a room at my family's estate that I stay in on occasion but my estates are well guarded, you will be quite safe I assure you." He gave her a reassuring smile
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 07, 2021 7:13 pm

"Your line of work... running a shop? Wouldn't it be more convenient living closer to the Light and Shadow?"

She tilted her head at him curiously.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 07, 2021 7:41 pm

Qasim chuckled "Running a shop is only part of what I do sweet flower. We can maybe discuss more details if you make it out tomorrow. But I am also involved in a lot of activism and politics. Running the shop doesn't take all of my time, I usually just come in in the morning and make sure things are set up and ready to go and every other week I balance the books."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 07, 2021 8:05 pm

"That does explain why you aren't always in when I've come to the shop. Though... politics? Activism? ...I would ask what you mean, but when you say we can discuss details if I come out tomorrow, I get the impression you don't wish to talk about those things today."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 07, 2021 9:02 pm

Qasim looked around "too many eyes and ears about to speak of such things. But I don't live my life simply to accrue money I have other interests." He said with a grin.

"I cannot keep images of last night from flashing into my mind, you distract me even when you do not mean to." He said chuckling his voice a close whisper.

Leaning back he asked "So are you excited for the celebration tonight."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 07, 2021 10:00 pm

Soraya just stared at Qasim for a little bit before sticking out her tongue, "You really are something else, you know that? As to the celebration? As long as I get to meet new people. That's what I'm really looking forward to. The chance to mingle with people I might not otherwise get to? Right up my alley."
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 07, 2021 10:15 pm

Qasim laughed a little and gave her a wink "I did not get to where I am in life by being a timid man Sayyeda." He said a little teasingly.

"Yes!" He clapped his hands, "tonight should be great fun flowing drink and good company."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 07, 2021 10:22 pm

The princess smiled softly, "Oh, I've found that out, certainly. As to drinking and company... hopefully there is something nice and fruity. I cannot stand normal ale or such. But a good sweet wine would be rather nice~"
Influence:

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 07, 2021 11:08 pm

The merchant let out a bit of another laugh "Oh well I shouldn't be surprised that someone that grew up as you did would have a refined taste. If they don't have anything to your liking come find me I always bring some fine drink from my personal stock to things like that."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 08, 2021 4:53 am

"House Menjari IS hosting the event, due to Lady Majdala being the delegate to our House. So I suspect I will have some luck in finding something. ...though I am somewhat curious what you are implying about my upbringing. Are you not Dahabi as well?"
Influence: