A hard row to hoe [D4 EM, Maze, Peddler's Row, Expecting]

Aydi al-Qais

Re: A hard row to hoe [D4 EM, Maze, Peddler's Row, Expecting]

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 12, 2021 7:41 am

That was an unexpected turn of events; Faruq hadn't been exactly forthright with him about the circumstances of him parting ways with his family those years ago. But then, it was clearly something unpleasant and it was often reason enough not to relive it over and over again. Still, it looked like they didn't lose the trail. People who'd advanced out of the blue and went to live among the southerners couldn't be that hard to find.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Thu May 13, 2021 10:15 pm

Jewel wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:41 am
"I... I've been ok. I'm not living in the Maze, not yet at least, there just were few options on the Thoroughfare for lowborn like us." She shrugs a little, "I didn't see her much, after, I think they moved somewhere in the Invindi District."
He nods at her again, then at Aydi, with a smile on his face that was unusually warm for him. "I see your point, Khalila. Well... it's not like I can offer much either, but..." He thinks for a moment. "I've been working as a healer, nearer the Maze but not all that far from where we lived as kids. If you want to... I can give you more specific directions, so we can get in touch if..." he shrugs. "Well, you can if you feel I could help you with anything. I'll be happy to help."

He then seems thoughtful. "So... the Ivindi District...", he says in a low voice, not directed at anyone in particular, and falls silent for a long while.

"Sayyid Aydi", he finally says. "Shukran, again. This means much to me, rafiq, really." He nods at him. "Goodwill and reliability", he repeats, with a smile. "You know you'll have mine when you need them."
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Fri May 14, 2021 12:07 pm

"Is the matter finished, rafiq? We haven't found your sister yet." Aydi tapped his chin thoughtfully.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Fri May 14, 2021 11:41 pm

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:07 pm
"Is the matter finished, rafiq? We haven't found your sister yet." Aydi tapped his chin thoughtfully.
The man with the chequered keffiyeh was smiling still as he answered. "It's not finished, you're right there. But ... it's much more than I hoped we'd be able to find in this time, after my previous attempts." He nodded at the man again. "I... I want to find her. To see her. But I'll have to think on how to do it. She - they - seem to be doing alright... even if it was my so-called death that gave them that. So... I have to think. I don't want to end up being a weight to them, or bring problems to their door. So I have to consider. How and when to go to them. Maybe even if I should..."

His brow furrows, but he soon shakes his head and smiles at the man in the red fez again. "I know I want to. And I'll have to find out where exactly they are, for that. I... just have to think on how to do it all. I hope you understand"
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 15, 2021 6:40 am

"I do." Aydi nodded simply. "Dealing with family is never easy."

There were lingering questions but Aydi was not one to pry about feigned deaths of his friends. Faruq might open up at some point without being solicited.

"It means at least this concludes our business for the day. I am glad for you, rafiq, that you've found some comfort in what we've learned."

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 17, 2021 8:15 am

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:40 am
"I do." Aydi nodded simply. "Dealing with family is never easy."

There were lingering questions but Aydi was not one to pry about feigned deaths of his friends. Faruq might open up at some point without being solicited.

"It means at least this concludes our business for the day. I am glad for you, rafiq, that you've found some comfort in what we've learned."
Faruq smiled at the other man, heartily than ever before, and nodded. "And I am glad for your help, sadiq. This does bring me comfort - great comfort, in fact. Thank you again."

(/scene finally? Thanks! :) )