A hard row to hoe [D4 EM, Maze, Peddler's Row, Expecting]

Jewel

Re: A hard row to hoe [D4 EM, Maze, Peddler's Row, Expecting]

Post by Jewel » Mon May 10, 2021 3:03 am

The wariness passes but the confusion remains, "Sakina? I'm sorry, si, I do not recall. You seem too young for one of the boys she fancied and definitely were not one of mine."
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Mon May 10, 2021 5:40 am

Jewel wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 3:03 am
The wariness passes but the confusion remains, "Sakina? I'm sorry, si, I do not recall. You seem too young for one of the boys she fancied and definitely were not one of mine."
He lets out a soft chuckle. "Oi... I wouldn't imagine I would be, Sayyeda - I was much too young for you back then! And Sakina..." his face soften a bit and he smiles, lowering his eyes a bit. "It definitely wouldn't do for her to fancy her brother, yeah?", he adds, raising his eyes to meet Maram's again.
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Tue May 11, 2021 1:03 am

"Her brother..." The confusion gives way to anger, "What kind of sick joke is this? Do you know how much she suffered when Faruq died? I'll have no part in whatever foul business this is!"
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Tue May 11, 2021 9:02 am

Faruq is somewhat surprised by her reaction, and when he hears of his sister's reaction he tries to hold up his own emotions inside... Which he does to very limited effect.

Some tears spring into his eyes, even though he tries to hold them back, and when he clears them with his hands, there is anger burning deep inside his pupils.

"... They said I was dead, then?", he asks, some of the anger seeping through into his voice despite his efforts. "Khaliila Maram", he says, switching to the term for closer friends which he used with her in their childhood. "I almost did die, that much is true. Had hard times. But... I'm here. And... I tried to look for Sakina, Khaliila..."

His eyes now brimming with tears, he wipes them off, takes a deep breath, then speaks again, his voice steadier. "I... expect you've all seen hard times as well, eh, Khaliila. If I may ask... Do you still have contact with Sakina? Or know where she is, or works? I... her brother would like to see her again. Very much. I've hoped to, for years now..."

OOC:
EDIT: copied wrong roll :p

D4 EM - Fluffy Will roll: 3d10o10k3 13
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Tue May 11, 2021 6:05 pm

Aydi decided to give Faruq some privacy for this, observing what was going on 180 degrees from the man's current focus. He wasn't good at watching difficult and intimate family business unfolding without emotions of his own; too many things rang some bells.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 12, 2021 12:45 am

(Sincerity/Awareness from Faruq)
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed May 12, 2021 1:34 am

Jewel wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:45 am
(Sincerity/Awareness from Faruq)
OOC:
D4 EM - Sincerity/ Awa - oh god why no Void: 3d10o10k2 16 - not all bad!

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 12, 2021 4:04 am

She is still shaken and seems uncertain what to believe, "I... I don't know. After he... you... died whatever guild it was compensated them greatly. A new home and enough coin that Sakina didn't need to work in the market anymore."
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed May 12, 2021 4:43 am

Hearing the words made Faruq freeze in the spot. He almost couldn't believe the girl's words - but it was not her he doubted per se. Why would Maram lie about something like this, after all?

It was his own hardening during the long time looking for his family that made it hard to believe. For the first time in a long time, he actually might have a good chance to find her.

Them.

As the doubt slowly have way to hope and happiness, he extended his hands to Maram.

"Khaliila... Shukran", he said, lowering his head respectfully.

Just then, the other part what she said sank in, and something slowly started burning in his eyes again.

"So... They paid them." He looks at her "And... Have you seen Sakina since? Or... Do you know where this new home was?"

He then lowers his head again. "Asif, Khaliila... I'm hardly being proper to an old friend. Before anything else... Shukran again. Heartily. If I may ask - you're leaving nearby yourself? I... Don't have much myself, but I'd like to do something to thank you for your help - and for receiving an old friend..."

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 12, 2021 5:41 am

"I... I've been ok. I'm not living in the Maze, not yet at least, there just were few options on the Thoroughfare for lowborn like us." She shrugs a little, "I didn't see her much, after, I think they moved somewhere in the Invindi District."
GM • City of Stories