[D4, LM, Dahabi District] - Come with me!

Soraya al-Menjari

[D4, LM, Dahabi District] - Come with me!

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 05, 2021 7:25 pm

Okay, so it ended up the sheer thing of showing a friend her library and such was an infinitely more complicated process than she even imagined. She'd heard before that her people did not let outsiders into their district before, but she'd not really appreciated how strict that rule was. Nor had she imagined that she would need to reverse engineer the process of getting out of her house for... well, someone who was not as flexible as her and did not know the grounds of her house like the back of their hand, frankly.

So it was that Soraya walked with Ali ibn Farid towards the gates to the Dahabi walled off section, hoping she'd practiced well enough to make this work... and be at least relatively painless in the process.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ali ibn Farid

Re: [D4, LM, Dahabi District] - Come with me!

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Wed May 05, 2021 7:34 pm

Ali was dressed once more in his finest linens, freshly cleaned. He was freshly shaved. He wore a little token from the guard. He even wore some sort of scent; something smoky with just a hint of something floral to soften it. All in all, doing his best to appear presentable, official, and not at all some sort of rogue who'd lain with the daughter of the house.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" He muttered as an aside to Soraya. "Not that I mind attempting. I think I'd make a very nice pretzel, actually." He flashed her a quick smile.
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 05, 2021 7:41 pm

"Oh you would, I agree. But introducing a pretzel to my pets and showing a pretzel my library just doesn't have the same sort of appeal to it though."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Wed May 05, 2021 7:48 pm

Ali couldn't help but laugh at that, his broad shoulders shaking. "Well then, let's hope it doesn't come to that. Or that I'm folded into an amusing enough shape that it has more appeal again."

With that, he straightened. He figured his job was mostly to keep a straight face while Soraya did her thing.
Description

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Thu May 06, 2021 10:33 pm

As they approach the gate two enforcers are watching the flow of people through. It is not that they necessarily keep out outsiders just 'undesirables' though exactly who falls into that category can vary widely.

They smile as they see Soraya approach while giving a long glance at Ali, "Ah! Sayyeda al-Menjari, home so soon today, we were not told to be expecting a guest." They turn their address to him, "Your name, please, si, so you might be properly announced."
GM • City of Stories

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Thu May 06, 2021 10:38 pm

Ali straightened, his heels coming together with a thunk. "Ali ibn Farad. Competitor in the archery festival."

Hey, he came in third the first day. There was always the chance they'd been watching.
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 06, 2021 10:53 pm

"Ah, yes, you see; Since the market is not as safe as my father might like, as we got reminded of recently, he has been looking for someone to teach me the basics of archery, a more feminine form of self defense than using a sword or such. So he had looked at the results this morning for a local who might be free and trustworthy as a teacher. Since Mister Farid here works with the City Guard and is local, my father told me to get him and bring him for an interview. I apologize there wasn't any notice in advance, but the incident only happened just the other day, and we wanted to give the competition a few days to at least make sure who was being interviewed was competent..."

At that point Ali was officially only a little bit behind the leader, all-be-it in a crowded field. Anyways, it wasn't entirely a lie; She WAS taking self-defense lessons with the man, even if it was not with her father's blessings...

((Sincerity (Deceit) roll = 37))
Influence:

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri May 07, 2021 12:01 am

The enforcer nods, "Ah, wonderful. I shall have a runner sent so a proper welcome can be arranged."
GM • City of Stories

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Fri May 07, 2021 12:14 am

"For an interview? I would imagine not. As much glory as Mister Farid has gotten in his performance so far, it still seems like this is more a formality than anything else; An interview with one of the house guards that knows a thing or two about such things and a background check. Perhaps if he gets hired or wins the competition, father will see fit to offer something more fanciful. I would so enjoy a good party~"

The princess gave a tittering laugh; She really WOULD have liked to have a party with Ali there, even if she imagined it might be a bit stuffy for his tastes. And for her part, Soraya certainly did have a reputation for enjoying the parties the various Dahabi Houses threw, what with her father making sure she got to attend as many of them as he could possibly arrange.
Influence:

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Fri May 07, 2021 1:44 am

The enforcer thinks for a moment before nodding, "I guess so."

As they begin pass through Soraya's elation at the success of their scheme is briefly endangered when the enforcer calls out again.

"Oh... Sayyeda al-Menjari..."

"...let Joab know I haven't forgotten the copper he owes me from dice. "

A hissed whisper from the other guard, "She's a Lady of a House not a messenger, idiot." Then a pause, "But, um, if you do see the maid Zahara maybe let her know Ioachim says hello...."
GM • City of Stories