At Large [LE, Ra'Shari Camp]

Aydi al-Qais

Re: At Large [LE, Ra'Shari Camp]

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu May 06, 2021 2:25 am

He puffed out some air. "It seems to me that whatever the reason of you being profiled this way, it's because of someone you are rather than someone you are not. Less about what Menjari do, and more about your identity and past. For you, the path toward understanding seems to be running inward."
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 06, 2021 2:28 am

"I can understand that. Still, what could that sort of thing be besides my grandfather's heritage? Surely there's nothing unusual about a mix of Ivindi and Mekhem parents otherwise. ...maybe you did hit on it before and maybe he just doesn't want a woman inheriting things? That would be very hard to tell if it's something like that."

Certainly something with prejudice or heritage seemed much easier to swallow than a more fanciful conspiracy.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu May 06, 2021 2:36 am

"Your parents and grandparents have had their lifetimes to steep themselves in secrets and arrangements that should see daylight... Maybe it's what they did that is constraining you." Aydi kept speculating, mobilising himself to be constructive.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 06, 2021 2:38 am

"I wonder then... if these secrets really are so important, what happens if they were to come out? Is it possible that we might uncover something better left covered up?"

Now she was trepidatious; If it was so important her father kept it from her, maybe it WAS dangerous. After all, why would he take such pains to hide it from her otherwise?
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu May 06, 2021 2:41 am

"It's possible." He quietly admitted. "The truth is the most dangerous thing." He wouldn't sugar-coat it. He knew what it was like to one day just... learn it.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 06, 2021 2:44 am

"...do you still recommend I pursue it then? Would YOU say the risk of uncovering something possibly dangerous to me is worth the possibility of having more freedom in my life and more knowledge about it?"

She looked at him with a mixture of pleading and pension, asking for his honest opinion.
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu May 06, 2021 2:56 am

"It's not easy to answer a question like that, Sayyeda." But looking into her gaze he knew he should try. "What you can lose is your innocence about the world, a sense of security, and thus also an easy path to happiness. What you gain is a sense of purpose and meaning, some control over where you're going with your life. It's a bargain, Sayyeda. In the end it comes down to what's more important to you." He reached out to her to comfort her gently.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 06, 2021 2:58 am

As her hand was taken in his she gave him a small smile, "That is... I suppose when you put it that way, whether to look into it or not might just be one of the biggest decisions I make in my whole life."

A small dry laugh under her breath, "No pressure, I suppose..."
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu May 06, 2021 3:07 am

"You don't have to rush to make that decision tonight. Life itself shall present a more ample moment. But the very fact that you know there is a choice like that to be made is quite empowering, no?" He raised his hand to stroke her cheek. Softly, with tips of his knuckles.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 06, 2021 3:11 am

She gave a small nod against his hand, speaking softly, "It certainly is something. Thank you."

Soraya gave a small sigh and closed her eyes.

"You are right though; I don't need to decide right now. And as long as I can have friends like you, I can make sure that that decision is made with support and help."
Influence: