At Large [LE, Ra'Shari Camp]

Aydi al-Qais

Re: At Large [LE, Ra'Shari Camp]

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu May 06, 2021 1:17 am

"A Qabal grandfather... Would you know his name?" As she was leaning back, he leaned forth a bit, rising up to his knees; his mind, unable to process her appeal and her family secrets together, broke it apart into two concurrent streams. One stayed cool, the other heated up rather quickly. The cool one dug into his father's teachings about the blood of the jinn passed down by mortals and was studying her for any sight of fitfulness; the hot one was already looking for fitfulness of another kind.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 06, 2021 1:22 am

"No. I can't say I remember ever hearing his name, nor my grandmother's. At least on that side. Since they weren't around, I suppose I'd not thought to have asked."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu May 06, 2021 1:26 am

"Has anything supernatural ever happened to you, Sayyeda, like spontaneously?" He moved to a cushion closer to her. "Something you couldn't explain?"
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 06, 2021 1:29 am

She gave a small smile as she looked at him, "Apart from meeting you? No, not in particular. If you're asking if I inherited any magical power or such from him... well, if I have, then I am unsure of how to access it or use it."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu May 06, 2021 1:40 am

Oh, how had he just tipped his hand! He reflected on it, but only with the rational part. "Still, it's a possibility. Not one that could be made public, hence your father's secretiveness. If it were the case." And then, the other mode subversively asserted itself, probably in reaction to her words that could be as much casual as generous in intent. "I can easily believe that deep inside you may be magical."
Last edited by Aydi al-Qais on Thu May 06, 2021 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 06, 2021 1:51 am

"I certainly won't rule it out. You read about that kind of thing all the time in stories, so..."

She sat up and gave a small shrug, "I just wouldn't know how to prove it. And I don't think father has ever had any sort of test for me like that. You are right though; If he had a supposition, he might just being overly cautious. Which would actually be a relief, if that was it."

The more she thought about it, the more that kind of thing made sense, now that Aydi had said it.
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu May 06, 2021 1:59 am

"If this is the case, it may surface still." He mused. "At those parties, were you often expected to devote your attention to someone from House Hazaad?" For possible to become plausible, more clues were needed. Even as she drew closer, he managed to stay on the cool side this time, for now at least.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 06, 2021 2:03 am

"I have been, certainly. Though not all the time. I suppose I have heard they have many sahir in House Hazaad, though I have never actually seen on use the seal."
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Thu May 06, 2021 2:09 am

"The probably don't do that openly, due to the stigma." He sighed. "So this is one explanation." He needed to move on from this. "As far as inner circulations are concerned, do you feel more purposefully exclused, or just not included?"

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Thu May 06, 2021 2:16 am

"The latter, not the former. It's not like I feel like a pariah or anything. Some of my friends from Menjari and other Houses are most wonderful people, and they are kind to me. I just don't hear much about business or such from any of them, anything more serious like that. Not that I ask much, but I do know many of them have business dealing and training with that kind of thing. A couple even run businesses in the city, usually as patrons of business owners and such."

She was still kind of going over the thought of secretly having ability with magic... it was a bit of a distracting thought.
Influence: