Under Her Eye (EA, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Faruq Al-Farhan

Re: Under Her Eye (EA, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Fri May 07, 2021 5:24 am

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:44 pm
She watches as he works, holding quite still, though grimacing from time to time as he cleans the wound. "It will be mended, and maybe Calli's dyepots can blend in what can't be washed out. But I'll want to get a new 'nice outfit' for occasions, eh?"

"You've been tending everyone. How's your friend Ali, then? Not sitting here chatting, I note." She pauses, watching another archer on the field. "Might want to be careful how hard you work to teach others that lesson. I'm not sure who's about to tend you, after all." She doesn't try talking him out of the plan though, or offer her nonexistent skills in return for his bandaging.

Which is pretty competent. She rolls her shoulder, and moves through its range of motion to see how it feels. Good as new, almost. She'll still be a little gimpy for a day or so, but nothing that'll get in the way.

ooc: Much healthier! Thanks.
He nods, gives a soft chuckle. "Well... yeah, a 'nice outfit' that hasn't been ripped before actually sounds good. Although it would be quite something to get to an occasion and say 'this dress here has taken a shot from one of the Khadi themselves', I suppose"

As she mentions Ali, his expressions grows more serious. "Rafiq Ali's taken some... bad wounds. With the way he was hit... you could say he was lucky. But... he'll make it." He looks around for where he had left him, under an area covered by a tent of sorts.

"As for me... I don't plan on bleeding out today, Rafiqa", he says with a weak smile. "Life's given me some lessons on keeping alive. Hopefully that'll be enough today as well", he says with another soft laugh.

As they were talking, another of the competitors enters the field, scores one more useless shot against the heartless sorceress, and leaves with some wounds -albeit thankfully not so bad as most others.

"Efu Rafiqa - I'll see if the sayyeda there could use some help. Shouldn't be too long from the looks of her, thankfully".

Qasim's hired archer is almost not hurt enough to need the treatment, but help is help. Some bandaging later, she's almost good as new. Faruq nods towards Qasim as he passes the archer's sponsoree, then walks back towards Lamis.

OOC:
D4 EA Under her Eye - Healing Qasim's archer, TN 15: 5d10o10k3 23
D4 EA Under her Eye - Wounds healed on Qasim's Archer: 1d10o10k1 6 - Qasim's archer is now Healthy at 6 wounds.
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Fri May 07, 2021 6:27 am

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 5:24 am
He nods, gives a soft chuckle. "Well... yeah, a 'nice outfit' that hasn't been ripped before actually sounds good. Although it would be quite something to get to an occasion and say 'this dress here has taken a shot from one of the Khadi themselves', I suppose"

As she mentions Ali, his expressions grows more serious. "Rafiq Ali's taken some... bad wounds. With the way he was hit... you could say he was lucky. But... he'll make it." He looks around for where he had left him, under an area covered by a tent of sorts.

"As for me... I don't plan on bleeding out today, Rafiqa", he says with a weak smile. "Life's given me some lessons on keeping alive. Hopefully that'll be enough today as well", he says with another soft laugh.

As they were talking, another of the competitors enters the field, scores one more useless shot against the heartless sorceress, and leaves with some wounds -albeit thankfully not so bad as most others.

"Efu Rafiqa - I'll see if the sayyeda there could use some help. Shouldn't be too long from the looks of her, thankfully".

Qasim's hired archer is almost not hurt enough to need the treatment, but help is help. Some bandaging later, she's almost good as new. Faruq nods towards Qasim as he passes the archer's sponsoree, then walks back towards Lamis.
With a rueful chuckle, she nods. "i suppose I shouldn't mend it _too_ well then. So I can point out the holes made by a khadi's arrows. A tale for my children." After a pause, she nods, "yes, definitely a tale for therm to hear."

She watches him heal one more contestant, no provision made by the sorceress to even wash the wounds. You don't bother mending your targets after practice, after all. Until their time was up, the city could only suffer their whims. For a moment, she imagined the square she'd seen as another arrow wound, festered and oozing.

As Faruq returns, she adds, quietly, "I'm glad you don't plan on bleeding out. If you're up to it, I'd like to talk to you away from," her hand sweeps to take in the contest, the crowds, and the city, "all this. Maybe a bit outside the walls?" She offers a smile. "I'd promise I hold no ill intent, but staying in site of whoever guards the walls might be more reassuring."
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Fri May 07, 2021 11:40 pm

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:27 am
With a rueful chuckle, she nods. "i suppose I shouldn't mend it _too_ well then. So I can point out the holes made by a khadi's arrows. A tale for my children." After a pause, she nods, "yes, definitely a tale for therm to hear."

She watches him heal one more contestant, no provision made by the sorceress to even wash the wounds. You don't bother mending your targets after practice, after all. Until their time was up, the city could only suffer their whims. For a moment, she imagined the square she'd seen as another arrow wound, festered and oozing.

As Faruq returns, she adds, quietly, "I'm glad you don't plan on bleeding out. If you're up to it, I'd like to talk to you away from," her hand sweeps to take in the contest, the crowds, and the city, "all this. Maybe a bit outside the walls?" She offers a smile. "I'd promise I hold no ill intent, but staying in site of whoever guards the walls might be more reassuring."
He looks at her a bit surprised as he comes back, his mind probably still on the work he'd just done, but after a moment he nods.

"Oh. Certainly, Sayyeda. Provided I succeed in not bleeding out, of course", he adds with a wry grin. "If I may ask... is there something specific you want to talk about?"

He doesn't seem particularly worried - even though perhaps he should - but it's never a bad idea to ask beforehand...
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Asher

Post by Asher » Sat May 08, 2021 3:19 am

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:40 pm
Asher approaches Faruq again,

"You have done well, friend in helping those injured, let me help you defray some of your supply costs" He offer Faruq a small pouch of money.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Speaks: Mekhet, Senpet, Ra'Shari, Yodatai, Rokugani, Invidi
Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations
Companion: Jadzia (Gorilla) - Equipment: Canteen & Medical Kit

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Sat May 08, 2021 4:58 am

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:40 pm
He looks at her a bit surprised as he comes back, his mind probably still on the work he'd just done, but after a moment he nods.

"Oh. Certainly, Sayyeda. Provided I succeed in not bleeding out, of course", he adds with a wry grin. "If I may ask... is there something specific you want to talk about?"

He doesn't seem particularly worried - even though perhaps he should - but it's never a bad idea to ask beforehand...
Distracted by Asher, Lamis just offers an amused smile, and the vague, "Topics of interest, I think." She glances at the purse. "And...depending on the conversation...I might offer a bit for the medical supplies as well. Just...well, we'll discuss what's to be offered, eh?"

To Asher, she adds, "your archer shot well...and I have to think honored her contract beyond expectation. It's one thing to hire out as a guard or mercenary, but this kind of ....playing human target is unnerving when you're used to anything resembling normal combat."
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Asher

Post by Asher » Sat May 08, 2021 1:22 pm

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:58 am
"She did quite well, actually doubled my investment on her, I should consider hiring her full time maybe."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Sat May 08, 2021 5:45 pm

Asher wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:22 pm
"She did quite well, actually doubled my investment on her, I should consider hiring her full time maybe."
"If you're looking for a guard, you could do a lot worse than someone who took shots from a khadi for nothing more than coin and pride. Just make sure they continue to get paid well in both of those, and you're set." Lamis considers the folly of letting yourself possibly be crippled for coin and pride, but...had either of Majdala's arrows hit her a bit worse, she'd be in the same boat, so...no throwing stones that can bruise your own mouth.

"Not to pry if it's a poor conversational topic, but what'll you do with the winnings? It's a lot for the likes of me, but it hardly seems worthwhile for you scions of the merchant houses." Her glance darts toward Soraya and Quasim as she says this. It's not lost on her that most of the top archers are the ones that were purchased by the city's wealthy merchants.

Asher

Post by Asher » Sun May 09, 2021 12:41 am

"I invested two weeks profits in the contest, I end3ed up making back the same. Being two weeks up I might be able to fund some additional ventures, but no it's not that much against everything else."

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 09, 2021 4:55 am

Soraya and Lamis placing high was a small consolation for an otherwise gruesome show. Aydi felt it gauche to just pace around to congratulate. He was ready to dress some wounds instead even though it seemed Faruq had done a good job with those, being closer to a professional than Aydi was.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Sun May 09, 2021 11:34 pm

Asher wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:19 am
Snip
Lamis Naaji wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:58 am
Snip
Faruq raises a brow at Lamis answer, but nodded with a short "Well, I'll meet you there, then!"

He then turns his attention to the Dahabi, although he lets their conversation flow before answering.

When he does, he waves a hand at both Asher and Lamis. "Oi, thanks for your offer, rofaqa... But really, I'm just doing what's needed, eh? And... I do make enough being paid for my services by those who can pay for them week after week. Hardly think it fair receiving payment from the competitors in...."

He waves his hand at the field and the gruesome spectacle as a whole

"in this situation, you see."