Under Her Eye (EA, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Rufus Belgica

Re: Under Her Eye (EA, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Post by Rufus Belgica » Thu May 06, 2021 1:34 pm

Kezia wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:32 am
[

"Just so the pain is all it kills..."
Rufus gives her a raised eyebrow and mock offended expression
" I thought you knew me better than that"

No longer quite so worse for the wear he regards Kezia. "She didn't tag you too bad. Any hope of placing?"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Thu May 06, 2021 8:03 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:34 pm
Rufus gives her a raised eyebrow and mock offended expression
" I thought you knew me better than that"

No longer quite so worse for the wear he regards Kezia. "She didn't tag you too bad. Any hope of placing?"
She actually laughed aloud at that.

"You clearly didn't see my shot- which is fine by me, I think it landed somewhere in Rokugan. Worst shot in my life!"
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Thu May 06, 2021 8:43 pm

Two more competitors enter the field; first Lamis, who he's had the chance to share some time in the last two days and manages a fairly good shot at the Khadi - not that the heartless lady seems to feel much from it, of course - before getting an arrow to her arm and returning her bow.

Faruq nods at her and is about to offer her some help when he sees the next one, an archer hired by the Dahabi who had nodded to him and offered help with medical treatment before, enter the field as well. The archer manages one shot, which the Khadi feels as little as she had the previous ones,
before she's down to the ground with arrows sticking from her shoulder and hip, apparently unable to move, so Faruq rushes forward again to help.

Once again, he starts by removing the arrows from her body carefully, using tweezers to remove any splinters, sand, dirt or other things that might be left inside the wounds, then cleaned them as well as he could and bandaged both wounds.

Having done that, he holds her arm. "Now Sayyeda. Those wounds should hurt for a few more days, but they won't keep you down", he says in a serious voice, but with a kind smile as he helps her up, asking if she needs his support walking back to the crowd - but with the relieved knowledge that she at least won't need it.

OOC:
D4 EA Under her Eye - Healing Damascus, TN 15: 5d10o10k3 16

D4 EA Under her Eye - Wounds healed on Damascus: 1d10o10k1 12 -

Damascus should now be at 21 Wounds, so at Hurt (-10).

[Also one comment - Asher rolled 5k3 for damage, so I suppose those were Flesh Cutter arrows after all? That might warrant some more points!]
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Thu May 06, 2021 9:04 pm

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:52 am
"Fair enough," she mutters, heading back to return the bow.

Khadi's damage: #2 Willow Leaf: 5d10o10k2 16 void to 6 (total 13, TNs at +3)
Having helped the more wounded Archer, he tries to find Lamis again in the crowd and makes his way towards her.

"Good shot there, sayyeda", he says - knowing full well that she was probably of how her abilities with a bow compared to the others. He then points at the wounds on her arm and hip. "I see you got off better than most of the others, too. Would you like some help with that, though?"
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Thu May 06, 2021 9:16 pm

Kezia wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:03 pm
[

She actually laughed aloud at that.

"You clearly didn't see my shot- which is fine by me, I think it landed somewhere in Rokugan. Worst shot in my life!"
" Heh. At least we're the prettiest competitors"

Rufus nudges Kezia. " That has to count for something, right?"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Thu May 06, 2021 9:21 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:16 pm
" Heh. At least we're the prettiest competitors"

Rufus nudges Kezia. " That has to count for something, right?"
"I'd say we have more fun than the others, to boot! Pistachio? I have a whole bag of the damn things."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Thu May 06, 2021 10:11 pm

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:04 pm
Having helped the more wounded Archer, he tries to find Lamis again in the crowd and makes his way towards her.

"Good shot there, sayyeda", he says - knowing full well that she was probably of how her abilities with a bow compared to the others. He then points at the wounds on her arm and hip. "I see you got off better than most of the others, too. Would you like some help with that, though?"
"Well, _one_ good shot. Can't believe the other went wide like that...trying too hard to punch that smile on her face as she plays at being a target that shoots back." Lamis grimaces shifting her arm. "More annoyed at ruining my one nice outfit than at the actual wounds now. But yeah, might be good to stop bleeding all over it. Should have offered some loaner robes along with the bows for this nonsense." Her tone is offhanded to annoyed, but her eyes still burn with some of the strange glee inherent in the useless, but somehow satisfying act of putting arrows into that woman.

"Are you still planning to shoot today? You don't really get any better by practicing like this," she waves at the field. "No battles, no hunt...ever goes like this. And getting shot teaches you nothing of how to shoot."
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Thu May 06, 2021 10:56 pm

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:11 pm
"Well, _one_ good shot. Can't believe the other went wide like that...trying too hard to punch that smile on her face as she plays at being a target that shoots back." Lamis grimaces shifting her arm. "More annoyed at ruining my one nice outfit than at the actual wounds now. But yeah, might be good to stop bleeding all over it. Should have offered some loaner robes along with the bows for this nonsense." Her tone is offhanded to annoyed, but her eyes still burn with some of the strange glee inherent in the useless, but somehow satisfying act of putting arrows into that woman.

"Are you still planning to shoot today? You don't really get any better by practicing like this," she waves at the field. "No battles, no hunt...ever goes like this. And getting shot teaches you nothing of how to shoot."
He grins a bit, which looks a bit along with his usual serious face still showing beneath it and embers of anger still burning deep in his eyes. "Well... one shot is better than none. Although your description is fairly accurate..."

He looks at her wounds and clothes. "Ah... it is a shame about the clothes, really. I agree they ought to have offered some more", he says, but the tone in his voice suggests it's probably not clothes he's thinking of - the absence of any more protection or healers offered by the organisers themselves might be a good guess. "I know some mending won't make them the same, but maybe it's a way to keep them..." he seems a bit at a loss for words, then. "Eh... nicely fitting? I mean..."

Lowering his head a bit as he feels he might be venturing into uncomfortable territory, when he raises them again he looks first at her eyes, then her arm. "At any rate, mending them might help some, I hope! And yeah, let's look at this bleeding...", he says, only then noticing his the supplies on the kit he'd been using have run out and pulling another kit of supplies out of his purse.

He starts tending to the wound on her left arm, and it takes him a while to actually answer to her question.

"Well... I agree with you there, Rafiqa. I learnt much already - and today I can surely learn more by watching you and the others' than by shooting myself. And I know full well the previous days have shown my hitting her is pretty much outside the question."

The arrow and splinters removed, he gets to the cleaning, waiting for her to stop feeling the burn before going on to set a bandage on her arm.

"You're right that getting shot teaches little about how to shoot, too", he says, nodding at her and looking at her eyes again, the flames in his eyes looking as if something stoked them. "But... it just may teach other things."

He moves his head pointing to the field and the Khadi, as his hands are still busy. "Trust you've seen well enough what this is already, eh?", he says with a dry smile. "Since I signed up for this little show... I figure I should just stick around for the whole thing. Maybe an unskilled archer getting shot a few times can at least help make clear what it's all about - in the off case someone still hasn't noticed", he says with a grin that expresses disgust and defiance much more than mirth.

As he finishes the bandaging, her arm is very much functional, and she's probably not feeling much more than a sting.

OOC:
D4 EA Under her Eye - Healing Lamis, TN 15: 5d10o10k3 25
D4 EA Under her Eye - Wounds healed on Lamis: 1d10o10k1 7
Lamis should now be at Healthy with 13 - 7 = 6 Wounds

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Thu May 06, 2021 11:44 pm

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:56 pm
He grins a bit, which looks a bit along with his usual serious face still showing beneath it and embers of anger still burning deep in his eyes. "Well... one shot is better than none. Although your description is fairly accurate..."

He looks at her wounds and clothes. "Ah... it is a shame about the clothes, really. I agree they ought to have offered some more", he says, but the tone in his voice suggests it's probably not clothes he's thinking of - the absence of any more protection or healers offered by the organisers themselves might be a good guess. "I know some mending won't make them the same, but maybe it's a way to keep them..." he seems a bit at a loss for words, then. "Eh... nicely fitting? I mean..."

Lowering his head a bit as he feels he might be venturing into uncomfortable territory, when he raises them again he looks first at her eyes, then her arm. "At any rate, mending them might help some, I hope! And yeah, let's look at this bleeding...", he says, only then noticing his the supplies on the kit he'd been using have run out and pulling another kit of supplies out of his purse.

He starts tending to the wound on her left arm, and it takes him a while to actually answer to her question.

"Well... I agree with you there, Rafiqa. I learnt much already - and today I can surely learn more by watching you and the others' than by shooting myself. And I know full well the previous days have shown my hitting her is pretty much outside the question."

The arrow and splinters removed, he gets to the cleaning, waiting for her to stop feeling the burn before going on to set a bandage on her arm.

"You're right that getting shot teaches little about how to shoot, too", he says, nodding at her and looking at her eyes again, the flames in his eyes looking as if something stoked them. "But... it just may teach other things."

He moves his head pointing to the field and the Khadi, as his hands are still busy. "Trust you've seen well enough what this is already, eh?", he says with a dry smile. "Since I signed up for this little show... I figure I should just stick around for the whole thing. Maybe an unskilled archer getting shot a few times can at least help make clear what it's all about - in the off case someone still hasn't noticed", he says with a grin that expresses disgust and defiance much more than mirth.

As he finishes the bandaging, her arm is very much functional, and she's probably not feeling much more than a sting.

OOC:
D4 EA Under her Eye - Healing Lamis, TN 15: 5d10o10k3 25
D4 EA Under her Eye - Wounds healed on Lamis: 1d10o10k1 7
Lamis should now be at Healthy with 13 - 7 = 6 Wounds
She watches as he works, holding quite still, though grimacing from time to time as he cleans the wound. "It will be mended, and maybe Calli's dyepots can blend in what can't be washed out. But I'll want to get a new 'nice outfit' for occasions, eh?"

"You've been tending everyone. How's your friend Ali, then? Not sitting here chatting, I note." She pauses, watching another archer on the field. "Might want to be careful how hard you work to teach others that lesson. I'm not sure who's about to tend you, after all." She doesn't try talking him out of the plan though, or offer her nonexistent skills in return for his bandaging.

Which is pretty competent. She rolls her shoulder, and moves through its range of motion to see how it feels. Good as new, almost. She'll still be a little gimpy for a day or so, but nothing that'll get in the way.

ooc: Much healthier! Thanks.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Fri May 07, 2021 5:17 am

Qasim was there and watching. While his mood was a bit soured from his archer's utterly pedestrian performance yesterday and her equally average one today, he had a smile on his face. While it seemed she might be a net loss when it came to coppers he had gained a little reputation and getting your name out there helped a long way.

For now he sat and watched the competitors and his fellow observers around him nodding at known faces and offering friendly smiles to any who were unfamiliar.
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume