Under Her Eye (EA, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Kezia

Re: Under Her Eye (EA, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Post by Kezia » Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:06 pm
Rufus is very clearly hurting when he sees his..."paramour'? (Is that the word?)

There was blood seeping through his robes at his leg, from what looks like a near miss on the femoral artery, and a heavily bandaged arm.

"So...how did you make out?"
! That bitch shot him in the leg, and that means he's probably... out of commission, at least for a few days. GAAAAAAAAAAAH IF I COULD FIND HER HEART I WOULD LIGHT IT ON FIRE.

"Missed her by a mile, got a little graze for my trouble. You... should probably let Rafiq Faruq look after you, that looks... bad. I'll check on you once I've wrested some pistachios from this chiseler..."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Wed May 05, 2021 10:21 pm

"Oh. That sounds good." He slumps forward against her in a moment, voice dropping to a whisper. "Once I'm done, I think I might need to vent a little, if you're up for it. Preferably, trying something seated first."

He waves at the vendor. "Good nuts, I hope. Nice to meet you. Where was that healer fellow again?"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 pm

Kezia wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:32 pm
"Your cooks would have far less outlet for their wares without our efforts! 40%, or I'll know you for the very incarnation of greed! The guy with the dog and fez was with me when the subject came up, but he wasn't the one doing the asking. Guy looked... rich, but signs of being ill-fed at some point. Called himself zuK."
"Literary the only one whose life will be directly impacted by how many pistachios I sell is myself. The cooks get a flat fee, and a good one to boot, regardless of my own endeavors."

He suddenly froze:

"Wow, it's weird. It's like I'm reliving a similar conversation from yesterday. Except everything is the opposite of what it was. The worst archer instead of the best, a disputed sale instead of an easy one..."

And then he giggled:

"Sorry. It's just that the whole thing... It reminds me of the doppelganger legend.

I don't know if you've heard about this one? It's not supposed to be a funny one, but it's like super funny if you look it from close.

It says that somewhere in the world, there is someone who's your perfect copy except in reverse. If you're poor, they're rich, if you're nice, they're mean etc. Already a bit weird, because you would think someone who's rich would be less skinny than someone who's poor, but I'll let it go.

However, where the legend ceases to be a horror story to sink into farce, it's that the doubles often share the same name. Except in reverse.

And most names. Just. Sound. Absolutely. Ridiculous. In reverse."

---

EDIT/OOC: Let's say this bit was said just before Rufus' entry, cause it's way too late here for me to properly edit it to fit the mood.
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed May 05, 2021 10:31 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:43 pm
Rufus damage #2, death at hand?: 5d10o10k3 17 Voided down to 7 for 28 Damage
Rufus is crippled
After Kezia's words and Rufus' approval, Faruq says "Here, Sayyid.", then bids the man to sit down carefully so he may take a better look at his wounds. He takes the care to remove any splinters that might remain inside after the arrows left his body, washed both arm and leg with salty water - which may or may not have led him to let out some expressions of displeasure as the wounds burnt while being cleaned - then looked at them again and bandaged them properly.

Once again, what such short-term treatment could do against these wounds was usually not much, but the man would at least feeling better and walking with less pain than he did before getting patched up.

"There, Sayyid. Just take care not to overexert yourself..." he says, but getting some feeling from between him and Kezia he adds "too much".

He then nods at them both. "A good night of rest and you'll be feeling almost as new, rafiq", he adds, then asks them to excuse him as he goes back to looking at how the other competitors do.

OOC:
D4 EA Under her Eye - Healing Rufus, TN 15: 5d10o10k3 19

D4 EA Under her Eye - Wounds healed on Rufus: 1d10o10k1 9
Damage down to 19, so Rufus should now be Hurt (-10).
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Wed May 05, 2021 10:35 pm

"I certainly hope so. Is there anything...I can't do?" Rufus appears to be waiting for a specific answer. "So long as I keep well rested. If I do things right, I'll barely leave a bed for the next few days"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Wed May 05, 2021 10:39 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 pm
"Literary the only one whose life will be directly impacted by how many pistachios I sell is myself. The cooks get a flat fee, and a good one to boot, regardless of my own endeavors."

He suddenly froze:

"Wow, it's weird. It's like I'm reliving a similar conversation from yesterday. Except everything is the opposite of what it was. The worst archer instead of the best, a disputed sale instead of an easy one..."
"Best-looking archer has to count for something!"
And then he giggled:

"Sorry. It's just that the whole thing... It reminds me of the doppelganger legend.

I don't know if you've heard about this one? It's not supposed to be a funny one, but it's like super funny if you look it from close.

It says that somewhere in the world, there is someone who's your perfect copy except in reverse. If you're poor, they're rich, if you're nice, they're mean etc. Already a bit weird, because you would think someone who's rich would be less skinny than someone who's poor, but I'll let it go.

However, where the legend ceases to be a horror story to sink into farce, it's that the doubles often share the same name. Except in reverse.

And most names. Just. Sound. Absolutely. Ridiculous. In reverse."
"He was most definitely odd. And said whatever it was of his that you had- the 'pet'- was 'a wisp of a thing.' FINE! Take your blood money, miscreant!"

Kezia handed over 15 pool for one of the bags of pistachios.. with a quick wink- and then headed over to observe Faruq's work on Rufus.
Rufus Belgica wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:21 pm
Tag

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed May 05, 2021 10:53 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:35 pm
"I certainly hope so. Is there anything...I can't do?" Rufus appears to be waiting for a specific answer. "So long as I keep well rested. If I do things right, I'll barely leave a bed for the next few days"
The lips of the man curl as he adjusts his Keffiyeh in his head. "Well... I wouldn't suggest running around for now, fighting... or going for a swim in the sewers, for example. Not that anyone would want to do that, of course", he says with a bit of a chuckle.

He then adds, a bit more seriously. "And definitely not exchanging arrows or blows with another Khadi."

Then, looking at both again with a slight wink. "Other than that... you should be alright."
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Wed May 05, 2021 11:04 pm

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:53 pm

The lips of the man curl as he adjusts his Keffiyeh in his head. "Well... I wouldn't suggest running around for now, fighting... or going for a swim in the sewers, for example. Not that anyone would want to do that, of course", he says with a bit of a chuckle.

He then adds, a bit more seriously. "And definitely not exchanging arrows or blows with another Khadi."

Then, looking at both again with a slight wink. "Other than that... you should be alright."
" Well I wasn't planning on any of those things, so I should be ok then"
Kezia wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:39 pm
[

"Best-looking archer has to count for something!"

[
"Hey, it does! I think that's your title" Rufus points to Faruq " See, a clean bill for some rest and recovery tonight. I'll bring the wine as painkiller"

Meresanhk

Post by Meresanhk » Thu May 06, 2021 12:37 am

Meresanhk looked at the events happening and sighed. Many seemed to be skilled in the medical art like herself but she knew none. Seemed that the target would last longer than thought. Such odd ways to show competitive spirit. She shook her head.
•Senpet •Unaligned •Experienced •Diplomat •Wanderer •Dangerous Beauty

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Thu May 06, 2021 3:32 am

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:04 pm
"Hey, it does! I think that's your title" Rufus points to Faruq " See, a clean bill for some rest and recovery tonight. I'll bring the wine as painkiller"
"Just so the pain is all it kills..."