Under Her Eye (EA, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Al-Haddar

Re: Under Her Eye (EA, The Desert, Observation Thread)

Post by Al-Haddar » Wed May 05, 2021 7:18 pm

Kezia wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:52 pm
"Me!"

Kezia, her only injury a thin scrape on her left cheek, closed on the peddler.

"Thrilled to be alive and some pistachios sound wonderful."
"Sure milady. 5 pools the handful, 20 the bag. I'm open to the idea of a discount since you just breezed death and I'm no monster.

Let's hope your boyfriend will be as lucky as you."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Wed May 05, 2021 7:21 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:18 pm
"Sure milady. 5 pools the handful, 20 the bag. I'm open to the idea of a discount since you just breezed death and I'm no monster.

Let's hope your boyfriend will be as lucky as you."
"Ah, he's a very..."

She pitched the next word directly on the thin line of propriety.

"... sturdy fellow. If he doesn't... overdo it, anyway."

She pointedly glanced at the city guard she'd had the nice chat with earlier, and his remarkable impression of a target practice dummy.

"So. How much of a discount are we talking about for one who has faced death to entertain the crowd, hm? I think someone is looking for you."
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed May 05, 2021 7:31 pm

Asher wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:55 pm
Asher from his position in the stands nods and smiles in the direction of Faruq as he seems to intercept each contestant and treat them.
Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:40 pm
Aydi witnessed the whole thing with a bit of dread; it was when the the blatant cruelty ingrained in the regime was in full display. He just hoped people wouldn't die because of this. His medical skills were inferior to his father's, but they'd have to make do if nothing else was available for the wounded. He got the basic utensils and tools ready, just in case.

[Aydi has 4k3 Medicine roll.]
Noticing Asher's nod and Aydi looking worriedly at the wounded, Faruq nodded to them both.

He would be there for those who might need him... but having others to support in healing those who needed it was never a bad thing, in his experience.
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Asher

Post by Asher » Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm

Medicine/Int TN 15 on Faruq: 4d10o10k3 16
Medicine wounds on Faruq: 1d10o10k1 7

As the young healer steps off the sands, Asher waves to his companion and they meet him at the edge, drawing supplies from the Ape's belt pouch Asher bandages the young man, before sending him on his way .

(Heal 7 wounds)
Mekham * Dahabi * House Basiri * Diplomat * Archeologist * Merchant * Curious * Linguist * Local
Influence: City 1 / Dahabi 2/ Faction 1 * Reputation: Glory 3.3/Infamy 0 * Integrity: What is Expected

Speaks: Mekhet, Senpet, Ra'Shari, Yodatai, Rokugani, Invidi
Street Equipment: Nice Clothes, Canteen, Locksmith tools, Calligraphy Kit, Flint & Tinder, Knife
Field Equipment: Sturdy Clothes, Pack, Torches, Rope & Grapple, Blanket, Rations
Companion: Jadzia (Gorilla) - Equipment: Canteen & Medical Kit

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Wed May 05, 2021 7:53 pm

Kezia wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:21 pm
"Ah, he's a very..."

She pitched the next word directly on the thin line of propriety.

"... sturdy fellow. If he doesn't... overdo it, anyway."

She pointedly glanced at the city guard she'd had the nice chat with earlier, and his remarkable impression of a target practice dummy.

"So. How much of a discount are we talking about for one who has faced death to entertain the crowd, hm? I think someone is looking for you."
"Well, one must still make a living, so not more than 20% on the handful, 25% on the bag. That you just escaped death is no excuse to starve my own family.

Not the good kind of looking I guess.

Talked with that guard the other day actually. Gave me the impression he would end up in conflict with his hierarchy sooner of later... But definitely didn't expect it to be in that kind of showdown.

Man or woman?"
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Wed May 05, 2021 8:06 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:53 pm
"Well, one must still make a living, so not more than 20% on the handful, 25% on the bag. That you just escaped death is no excuse to starve my own family.
"Only a quarter on the bag? Truly, your avarice knows no bounds! You'd have no crowd to sell to were we not out here risking our necks! 50% is more than generous on my part! Man. Very, very... odd man. Said he was looking for a merchant selling pistachios. Said the merchant in question had his... pet. But didn't talk about it like a pet."

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Wed May 05, 2021 9:27 pm

Kezia wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:06 pm
"Only a quarter on the bag? Truly, your avarice knows no bounds! You'd have no crowd to sell to were we not out here risking our necks! 50% is more than generous on my part! Man. Very, very... odd man. Said he was looking for a merchant selling pistachios. Said the merchant in question had his... pet. But didn't talk about it like a pet."
"I'm already doing you an immense favor here. Do you realize how much 25% represent? I'm at the limit of a net loss. The raw pistachios were bought against good money, and I wouldn't dare being a cheapskate with cooks. Did you see the length of the knifes these people use? There are swords that are less deadly.

Like, a man with red fez and a dog?""

Had', I think she's talking about the thing you try your best to pretend does not exist.

"Or like someone with a family resemblance with myself?""

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Wed May 05, 2021 9:32 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:27 pm
"I'm already doing you an immense favor here. Do you realize how much 25% represent? I'm at the limit of a net loss. The raw pistachios were bought against good money, and I wouldn't dare being a cheapskate with cooks. Did you see the length of the knifes these people use? There are swords that are less deadly.

Like, a man with red fez and a dog?""

Had', I think she's talking about the thing you try your best to pretend does not exist.

"Or like someone with a family resemblance with myself?""
"Your cooks would have far less outlet for their wares without our efforts! 40%, or I'll know you for the very incarnation of greed! The guy with the dog and fez was with me when the subject came up, but he wasn't the one doing the asking. Guy looked... rich, but signs of being ill-fed at some point. Called himself zuK."

Rufus Belgica

Post by Rufus Belgica » Wed May 05, 2021 10:06 pm

Kezia wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:32 pm
Rufus is very clearly hurting when he sees his..."parmour'? (Is that the word?)

There was blood seeping through his robes at his leg, from what looks like a near miss on the femoral artery, and a heavily bandaged arm.

"So...how did you make out?"
Yodotai | Warrior | Inquisitive | Not from Around Here | Obtuse to the finer things in life
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1
Carries: Pugio, charcoal and parchment, skin of vinum, camping equipment
For combat: Scutum, two pilum, gladius, chain shirt

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed May 05, 2021 10:11 pm

Rufus Belgica wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:43 pm
Rufus' next shot is nowhere near close and the next shaft comes with the same deadly accuracy, this time hitting his forearm, glancing over the leather bracer but numbing the spot.

I can't move it

There would be nowhere to aim, and Rufus highly doubted he would survive the next one. He bows, as gracefully as he can, and limps off to the side.

(...)
Rufus damage #2, death at hand?: 5d10o10k3 17 Voided down to 7 for 28 Damage
Rufus is crippled
Another contestant enters the field, another time the Khadi's invulnerability and power are displayed. Faruq had seen the man clad in strangely ornate garments before - probably an outsider of some sort, maybe a mercenary - but he hadn't had a chance to speak to him before. As the man left the field with some bad wounds and walking with some difficulty, though, he knew that shouldn't be an impediment, and made his way towards him.

"May peace be upon you, Sayyid. Would you let me have a look at your wounds?"
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.