End of workday (Merchant Quarter, EE, Closed)

Al-Haddar

End of workday (Merchant Quarter, EE, Closed)

Post by Al-Haddar » Tue May 04, 2021 7:31 pm

After a long day of work – and after dropping by the Cat's Tail to return the pistachios he didn't manage to sell while they were still fresh and could be reused to liven up some dish or the other – Al-Haddar would enjoy nothing more than a good rest at home or at the bar. But he had to see her sister about the mysterious Senpet lady's offer. He would have loved to have more time to inquire about who she was exactly, and how suspicious the whole deal was, but the clock was ticking.

He knew she worked at an extra in one of the construction sites of the Merchant Quarter at that time of the day the sun was slightly more merciful, sweating so some too-rich-for-their-own-good person could have a new swimming pool or something. After a few trials and errors, he finally found which site exactly.

From that point on, finding her wasn't hard: If his big brother had been the bold one, and he was the smart one, she was the big one. But really, it was the distinctive scar running through most of her left arm, a reminder her job was definitely on the dangerous side, that made her stand out.

Weirdly, she was already talking to someone that seemed about as alien to a work site as himself.
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Aydi al-Qais

Re: End of workday (Merchant Quarter, EE, Closed)

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 05, 2021 6:40 am

Aydi had actually worked in construction for a time and knew the woman; he was now dropping by to say hello and to put an ear to the ground as those people usually had interesting stories to tell.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Wed May 05, 2021 8:04 am

Al-Haddar hailed his sister:

"Zumi! Got two minutes for your dear brother?"

Zumurrud shouted back:

"Had'! You don't have some dates or pistachios to sell today? Are even those too heavy for you nowadays?"
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 05, 2021 11:14 am

Aydi raised a brow at the mention of pistachios by Zumurrud but for now he decided to no interfere in family matters between the two.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Wed May 05, 2021 12:28 pm

The two siblings greeted one another with something that was a mix between a handshake and a show of force, out of which Al-Haddar bowed swiftly.

"Too late for that Zum', emptied my stock before coming. But that's kind of related to the reason I'm here."
"Yeah, figured you weren't there only because you were missing me."
"I mean, I could visit you more often... And none of us would like it."
"Touché. You should pass see Bakbuk however, I think he is in some deep shit he refuses to tell me about."
"Again?"
"He is as much trouble as always, but Kuz isn't there anymore to get him out of it."

A spectral sigh ringed out in Al-Haddar's ear, but he chose to ignore it.

"Will do. So, today's story. Was making small talk with one of my customers, and she dropped that they were looking for good laborers in the Senpet."
"And? All places are always looking for good laborers. Few are actually willing to pay them a decent wage. How much?"
"Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I didn't get to negotiate your working contract on the spot. All I know is that this Meresanhk girl is offering positions, and you would complain louder if you learned I didn't tell you about it that if I did tell you."

Zumurrud shrugged but didn't deny.

"Worth looking at I guess. Where can I find her?"
"Uh, I don't exactly know. She was in attendance at the archery contest two days ago, and I kind of expected I would simply see her again the next day..."
"You don't know, do you?"
"Maybe?"
"Wonderful."

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 05, 2021 1:25 pm

"She can't be that difficult to find." Aydi interceded with a casual remark.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 05, 2021 1:42 pm

(Investigation/Perception (Notice) from Aydi)
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 05, 2021 2:14 pm

EE3. Investigation Zug Zug. No Notice!!!: 6d10o10k3 23

From behind the fourth wall, the player was knocking and shouting: "Zuk - kuZ! Zuk - kuZ!" But would Aydi the detective be any wiser? There were so many distractions in his world, like thoughts of fondling Soraya, the perspective of which felt so close, and yet so far.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 05, 2021 2:20 pm

What Aydi does notice is a surprising resemblance between them and zuK. Cousins perhaps? Even siblings? But if so how would he not know their name?
GM • City of Stories

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Wed May 05, 2021 3:01 pm

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:25 pm
"She can't be that difficult to find." Aydi interceded with a casual remark.
Both siblings turned to face the newcomer and gave him the look siblings give to people interrupting a good old family bickering:

"It would appear so sir?"
"His name's Aydi al-Qais Had'. He's clean for all I know. A bit nosy at worst. Knows a lot of people, of all kind. Aydi, that's my brother Al-Haddar. He works in retail."

Al-Haddar tilted his head and lifted up his hat.

"Well, nice to meet you then sir al-Qais. So, you're a friend of lady Meresanhk? What a happy coincidence."

Yeah, I think this smells bad too.