End of workday (Merchant Quarter, EE, Closed)

Aydi al-Qais

Re: End of workday (Merchant Quarter, EE, Closed)

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 09, 2021 5:06 am

"Not really, Sidi, beyond what I've already relayed to you. I may have a reputation of a private detective for those who seek justice beyond what Khadi deign to do for them but it's hard to tell if it was a factor." Aydi smiled apologetically.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sun May 09, 2021 12:42 pm

"Maybe? I could eventually hazard the guess that your somewhat good reputation was indeed the reason of that choice. Send the message that for now, it's still a nice, friendly invitation. Wouldn't have conveyed the same feeling if two brutes armed to the teeth had carried these words.

Though, no matter how beautiful wrapped up the invitation, I don't intend to accept it. I don't know if this Zuk is some sort of a reverse vampire that can only eat people who it has invited, but regardless of what it is or what it wants, it's always going to be some sort of magical bullshit. And magic the kind of fire that burns to ashes anyone who gets too close to it."

Al-Kuz remained silent instead of trashing his brother's lack of courage, which was sign enough that he himself was scared to the undeath. Probably.

"If the matter was less mephitic smelling, I could be tempted to hire you to dig deeper on who/what that Zuk is... But one person dead in this whole affair is already one too much."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Tue May 11, 2021 6:15 pm

Aydi was rather shocked hearing the speculation about the grisly supernatural nature of the man he had met. A vampire?

"Not that I balk at such a prospect, Sidi, but has this creature wronged you or your family already? It didn't strike me as his intentions being hostile, though I am clearly not getting a full picture. Until I know what is the just thing to do, I can't just wave off such concerns. Strange as it may seem to you, I'm not in the detective trade primarily for the money."
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1