Lore Galore [LA, Merchant]

Aydi al-Qais

Lore Galore [LA, Merchant]

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Mon May 03, 2021 7:18 pm

Aydi stood before the creaking signpost of one of the antique shops that didn't impress with the decor but with what usually was hidden deep in the shelves and under the counter. He expected that the owner might be hiding some rare birds for the right clientele. Aydi probably wasn't of the special sort, but his expected companion just might be! He was looking around for her silhouette.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Lore Galore [LA, Merchant]

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 03, 2021 7:22 pm

Still in a variation of her disguise from yesterday, Aydi would easily be able to recognize her today as she approached, even with the shawl over her hair. Aydi, for his part, was easy enough for the Princess to pick out, smiling as she approached him.

"I wasn't expecting to hear from you so soon, Aydi. I am happy you found some things though, since it means we get an excuse to have a date on a nice afternoon like this. The clouds keeping the heat at bay, but no rain to run from."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Mon May 03, 2021 7:37 pm

He brightened the moment he saw her, and his lips stayed curved like that for the time she spoke. "Yes, though I hope some loads of dust that are likely deposited inside the shop won't diminish that aura too much." He gestured inside. "We may need to catch some air after our business inside is done. Speaking of, anything particular you might be on the hunt for today?"
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 03, 2021 7:40 pm

Soraya followed Aydi's motion inside as she answered, "I was... well, I was actually hoping for some rare picture books or foreign fables. I have a little brother I like reading to, you see, and having new books as an excuse to see him some time soon would be nice~"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Mon May 03, 2021 7:45 pm

"Exotic illustrated books for boys then." Aydi rubbed his beard and followed her. He didn't have siblings himself, and his childhood friends were not as good friends as they used to be, so he hadn't become a spontaneous uncle to any of their - rather young - children. But this was not something he wanted to burden her with. "Let's ask."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 03, 2021 8:00 pm

Sora smiled and nodded, though her attention was drawn away by the store; It was certainly different than the Light & Shadow Luxuries, or any of the simple stalls on the Thoroughfare. It was dim and dusty, and all sorts of odd things lined the shelves. Still, she resisted the urge to wander off and stuck close to Aydi, who had found the place.
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Mon May 03, 2021 8:05 pm

He was rather empathetic, or just perceptive, and noticed her hesitation. "Do explore, Sayyeda. I have your back. I'll be looking around as well."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 03, 2021 8:19 pm

"Oh? Did we want to ask first? Or after exploring?"

She didn't mind either way, but her instincts said to explore first. ...maybe so she wouldn't have to carry any recommended books around as she explored, but she hadn't actually thought of that.
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Mon May 03, 2021 8:29 pm

"I'd get the sense of what this place has to offer before asking for something in particular." Aydi mused, already spying the shelves. looking up. "Oh, they go way up to the ceiling. We'll need a ladder to reach some."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 03, 2021 8:33 pm

"Oh. So you're not supposed to just climb them. That... makes sense."

She had actually thought about doing so, but ladders seemed more practical, like in her library at home.

"Hmmm... do things seem to be sorted into sections, or just placed about haphazardly? I am not sure I can tell."

Soraya rarely went shopping, especially on her own, in the past. Usually it had just been her and her body guards picking up something for father, or getting a treat with her allowance... and even then, the Enforcers had usually done the actual shopping.
Influence: