Childhood's End [D3 EA, Mekham Quarter, Expecting]

Faruq Al-Farhan

Re: Childhood's End [D3 EA, Mekham Quarter, Expecting]

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Tue May 04, 2021 7:27 pm

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:11 pm
"The women first then. Let's try to seek them out." Aydi looked around the neighbourhood.
Faruq nodded and followed Aydi. He tried hard to remember if there was any other information he could recall about Maram. She probably lived in the neighbourhood, back then... could he maybe remember where? At least which street?...
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 05, 2021 10:45 am

The first problem was finding people willing to talk to strangers about neighbors in the first place.

(Sincerity/Awareness TN15. Success and raises will impact the Investigation difficulty.

This can be an assisted roll but whoever is rolling the Sincerity will also be rolling the Investigation)
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 05, 2021 5:13 pm

Aydi's sincerity, with Faruq's backing, was such he could hardly believe it was even possible to be so honest while not being entirely honest. He regretted he hadn't pushed his interlocutors to reveal a bit more.

EM3. Sincerity. Assist. TN15.: 4d10o10k3+1 37
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 05, 2021 5:21 pm

They found a few friendly, or perhaps naive, neighborhood gossips whose lips were loose enough. Of course finding one of those who also knew something important was a different matter.

(Investigation/Awareness (Search) TN25 reduced to TN20, can be assisted)
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 05, 2021 5:31 pm

But they might have succeeded in just that. Just.

EA3. Investigation. TN20. +? Assist.: 6d10o10k3 20
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed May 05, 2021 5:42 pm

Although they do not find anyone willing to divulge where she lives they do learn of the stall in Peddler's Row that Maram works at in the mornings.
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 05, 2021 5:52 pm

Which seemed to be enough for now. Aydi looked at Faruq.

"I'd call it progress, Sidi Faruq."

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed May 05, 2021 8:07 pm

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:52 pm
Which seemed to be enough for now. Aydi looked at Faruq.

"I'd call it progress, Sidi Faruq."
Faruq nods at him, a slightly lighter expression than usual for him and a glint of hope in his eyes. "It definitely is, Rafiq. More progress than I'd made in the last few years."

"I may be paying a visit to the Peddler's row soon, it seems. Maybe even tomorrow.", he says, slowly going back to his more serious self. "As I said... I'll be in your debt for your help, Rafiq Aydi."
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Wed May 05, 2021 8:34 pm

"We're acquaintances enough for you to learn that I don't like the debt talk, Sidi. I had a debt once that was difficult to repay and I know what debts can do to a person. I wish for no-one to be tormented like that because of whatever I would do. Let's talk of goodwill and reliability, this is what I want to be known for. I am helping you because I want to and I can. Perhaps one day our roles may reverse, and I'll need your help. How about that, Sidi Faruq?" He looked at the other man without malice, but with certain seriousness.

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed May 05, 2021 9:45 pm

Aydi al-Qais wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:34 pm
"We're acquaintances enough for you to learn that I don't like the debt talk, Sidi. I had a debt once that was difficult to repay and I know what debts can do to a person. I wish for no-one to be tormented like that because of whatever I would do. Let's talk of goodwill and reliability, this is what I want to be known for. I am helping you because I want to and I can. Perhaps one day our roles may reverse, and I'll need your help. How about that, Sidi Faruq?" He looked at the other man without malice, but with certain seriousness.
Faruq seems a bit suspicious for a moment. It's clear he's not particularly used to this sort of thing...

... although he soon notices it is exactly the kind of thing he keeps hoping to see more often and to awaken in others when he extends his hand to others, offering food, water, medicine or whatever other help he can.

He's... just not used to having such a helping hand offered to himself.

He nods, a weak smile growing on his face. "Goodwill and reliability it is then, Sayyid Aydi. Kindness for kindness. Shukran, my friend."