[D3 EA Thoroughfare] Strike the hunger

Arash Karuvah

[D3 EA Thoroughfare] Strike the hunger

Post by Arash Karuvah » Sun May 02, 2021 6:55 pm

Arash was feeling adventurous! Hearing good things of the local food, he decided to tr the local fare. Via food stalls. Like your every day commoner did. PSYCHE.

He enjoyed the smells, allowing his stomach to guide him when he apparently bumped into...someone?
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Mari

Re: [D3 EA Thoroughfare] Strike the hunger

Post by Mari » Sun May 02, 2021 7:06 pm

Mari had been looking for something different that day. Something to break the monotony of what she otherwise could have gotten for free: her situation was reprehensible but at least she wasn't obliged to starve.

She was considering a nearby food vendor when she felt someone bump into her. Her hand instinctively went to where her money pouch was and she turned to face the source of the bump.

Money wasn't stolen, better moderate what I say. "Hey, watch where you're going!"
Rokugani * Unaligned * Indentured Scribe * S-m-r-t * Visited a Medical School Once * Polyglot
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 1 Infamous 0 | Integrity: Exceptional
Typically Carries: Sensible clothing, knife, calligraphy set, medicine kit

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Sun May 02, 2021 7:30 pm

Arash raised his hands. "My apologies sayyeda. I wasn"t paying attention." His eyes lingered as he observed her, top to bottom.

"Are you familiar with the foodstuffs sold around here,"

Mari

Post by Mari » Sun May 02, 2021 7:46 pm

Well, no harm done, Mari reasoned.

"Familiar? No more or less than most anyone else in this city. Why?"
Rokugani * Unaligned * Indentured Scribe * S-m-r-t * Visited a Medical School Once * Polyglot
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 1 Infamous 0 | Integrity: Exceptional

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Sun May 02, 2021 7:58 pm

"To be honest, I don't often visit this part of the town, at least, not for eating." His elegant clothing might be an indication of that.

"Well, I want to try some of the variety here, but I am not sure. Any recommendations?"

Mari

Post by Mari » Sun May 02, 2021 8:58 pm

Mari gave her interlocutor's clothing a second glance over. Her expression afterwards was guarded.

"Well, what tastes interest you, noble lord? Can't well give a decent recommendation without knowing what you like."

Gesturing vaguely at a food stall down the way, Mari continues. "When times are good, I do like the fish stew from that stall. Made from fish, vegetables, river prawns, coconut milk, and four kinds of rice."

Mari's expression darkened momentarily. But they still can't get the spices right.

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Mon May 03, 2021 5:56 am

Mari wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:58 pm
Mari gave her interlocutor's clothing a second glance over. Her expression afterwards was guarded.

"Well, what tastes interest you, noble lord? Can't well give a decent recommendation without knowing what you like."

Gesturing vaguely at a food stall down the way, Mari continues. "When times are good, I do like the fish stew from that stall. Made from fish, vegetables, river prawns, coconut milk, and four kinds of rice."

Mari's expression darkened momentarily. But they still can't get the spices right.
"Oh? Fish? That sounds intriguing. We sometimes get fish back at home, but I haven't tried anything local. They're from the river, I assume?" Based on the lack of other water features, most probably. "Besides that...any local tastes. Perhaps something spicy? Oh, my apologies sayyeda. Arash of House Karuvah, from the Ivory Kingdoms."

Mari

Post by Mari » Tue May 04, 2021 12:10 am

"Oh. Right. I'm Mari. From, well, here I suppose." Mari's Mekham was good, she had had practice, but she was hitting the consonants a little too softly and the emphasis wasn't quite right for someone who had been a native of the Jewel.

"Local tastes, though. Ah, probably something with meat, then?" She sounded unsure. "Meat on a skewer is always popular, with some rice and pine nuts."

Mari didn't specify what the meat was. Perhaps it was for the best?