Petting the Kitty (River EA)

Ali ibn Farid

Re: Petting the Kitty (River EA)

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Tue May 04, 2021 12:41 pm

"Hmmm. Interesting." Ali said, frowning as he considered. "Utter loyalty... it sounds like a heavy burden indeed. I know something of duty, even onerous duty," Ali grimaced, shaking his head, "-but utter loyalty is not something I have been asked to give. Even the Khadi ask only for our submission." Another grimace at that, this one rougher than the first.

His expression softened, and he looked at Soraya. "As for desire, well... I think it's not bad to have at least a little of that." There was a glint in his eyes, something just for her.

The moment passed, and Ali shrugged. "One wonders what became of her, if she ever saw her homeland again. It's strange, but I find myself hoping she found happiness, even though I've only just heard of her." Smiling, Ali shook his head.
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 04, 2021 3:21 pm

"I have thought the same thing many times. Her journal talks many times about longing for another, even though she apparently had a marriage arranged for her. And it end after only a few years, so one does not get a conclusion to it."

She took a bite of the flaky bread with its jam thoughtfully, chewing slowly.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Tue May 04, 2021 6:15 pm

"I see." Ali smiled. "That actually makes me hope for the best for her a little more, actually. A tale of forbidden love, and an arranged marriage? That sounds like quite the tale, eh?" He pursed his lips. "Well, perhaps destiny worked out for her. Sometimes it does. We can only hope."

Curiously, he picked up a bit of the bread himself, biting into it almost cautiously. His eyebrows went up in pleased surprise. "This is marvelous, truly." He flashed her a quick grin. "I do appreciate your fruits, princess."
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 04, 2021 7:04 pm

"I know you do~" she said softly in response, then even softer, "...I was going to say not to call me princess in public, but I suppose I shall allow it."

She looks over at Sheera and sees the little kitten asleep on Ali's lap, and she can't help smirking, "I am almost jealous of her, laying her head there and all."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Tue May 04, 2021 8:00 pm

"Mmm." Ali murmured, smiling. He leaned a little closer, his voice dropping lower. "But only we will know what it really means when I call you that."

He lingered a moment longer before smiling down at the cat. "She does look rather comfortable, doesn't she?" He chewed his lip a moment, then looked back at her slyly. "I should like to see how she behaves in her home sometime, perhaps. See her bed. See if she's always this calm, or if she's sometimes a wild creature. I suspect she is." His eyes glinted playfully at Sora; clearly, he wasn't just talking about the kitten.
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 04, 2021 8:37 pm

A chuckle, "Mmmmm... I will have to see if I can get you in, somehow. I'm sure she'd love to see you sometime. Get some pets in and maybe some cuddles."

Finishing off her slice of bread, Sora picked up the chilled tea and drank some, enjoying it immensely. She knew she was able to sneak out; She'd perfected the ways to get around the servants long ago. But getting a boy into the house... she would need to think on that.
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Tue May 04, 2021 9:32 pm

Ali grinned. "That sounds nice. Very nice indeed, in fact." He leaned a little closer. "Princess."

Reminded, he lifted his own cup to his lips, taking a curious sip. After a moment, his eyebrows went up. "Hmmm. It's pleasant. Refreshing, I might say. It has a more mild, earthy taste than coffee." He frowned. "Is it a spice? Or root or leaf?"
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Tue May 04, 2021 9:56 pm

"A leaf, actually. They grow on hillsides, I've heard, and you chop them up and soak them in hot water. Supposedly they even have whole ceremonies for its preparation in Rokugan, like some people in the city do with special coffees. I like it a lot, personally."

She took another long sip.
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Wed May 05, 2021 12:57 am

"It's very nice." Ali drank a bit of more of it, then smiled. "I think I could grow accustomed to it, to be sure."

He had a little bit more of the bread and jelly. "This is delicious, truly." Chewing, he looked out at the river. "I enjoy coming here. I like to watch the river. There's something about it..." Gently, he shook his head. "Do you think this is something we can do? From time to time? Come here, and share a lunch together?" His lips quirked. "Possibly with a cat?"
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Wed May 05, 2021 2:43 am

"I've always liked water, running water especially. I have a pond outside my room, beyond the balcony and such. So... well, I think it's a splendid idea. As to the other part..."

She looked down at Sheera and set her teacup down before trying to gently pick the kitten up. This proved harder then expected when the little kitten dug claws into Ali's pants so as not to be removed, Soraya cursing very lightly under her breath even as the kitten mrowled.
Influence: