Petting the Kitty (River EA)

Ali ibn Farid

Re: Petting the Kitty (River EA)

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sun May 02, 2021 9:48 pm

"I see." Ali chuckled as well. "That would be a problem, with birds and cats. Only, it seems that it isn't." He glanced at her. "I suppose if the cats are well cared for, they wouldn't need to seek the birds."

The glance became a look, eyebrows going up. "Would she enjoy playing here? Or is she too small? I know little about cats." He looked around. This close to the river, there were some reeds, and a number of scrubby plants growing.
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 9:55 pm

"Oh she would be fine; She's old enough that she can walk fine and such. But I wouldn't want to let her out of my sight, certainly. The chance for getting lost of getting stuck somewhere... well, she's not exactly a graceful adult yet. So I could see her having trouble getting out of many places, or getting underfoot very easily if she wandered too far."

Soraya reached into the basket and gently pulled Sheera out, cradling the kitten up to her chest as the kitten adjusted itself and stood up, putting paws onto that chest and starting to knead them through Sora's brown robe.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sun May 02, 2021 10:10 pm

"Of course." Ali nodded. "I shall keep an eye on her as well." He smiled. "Little Sheera shall be the smallest charge I've had the honor of watching, eh? But I'll take it no less seriously."

He tilted his head, watching curiously as the kitten began to knead Soraya. "Why does she do that?" He asked curiously. "Does she think you're her mother, or something?" He cleared his throat. "The only cats I've seen are strays. You could make friends with them, sort of, but they wouldn't get within reach of you."
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 10:14 pm

"Mmmm... maybe? It feels like it could not be that, since her mother is back at home. But maybe something of the sort? I have had other cats that have done this sort of thing before, but I suppose I've never really sought out an explanation."

She looked from Sheera over to Ali, "I did notice you did not have any pets yesterday, at least not about. You have not had any in the past either then?"

Cats were most typical in the city thanks to the small amount of space for dogs to exercise in, and keeping fish as pets was positively a luxury thanks to the way water was handled. Plus, cats tended to help with the rats that infested the city, even if Soraya's cat's hadn't needed to deal with such things at her home.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Mon May 03, 2021 12:49 am

Ali shook his head. "I never had one growing up. There was a cat I'd throw scraps to, from time to time. He repaid me by not mauling me when I drew close. That was years ago... " He frowned. "Now..." He hesitated a moment, and then shrugged. "I spend such little time in my home. A pet needs someone to take care of it, don't they?" In truth, he didn't know.

"I like cats, though." He chuckled, watching Sheera continue to try to make a bed out of Soraya's chest. "I think I'd harshly judge someone who was cruel to animals, much the same as I'd judge someone who was cruel to people."
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 03, 2021 1:13 am

"Of course; I think people often show their true colors in how they treat animals. As to a pet for you... I suppose you might be able to have a cat; They are independent enough, and don't need a lot of looking after besides food, water, and some attention now and then. It depends on just how little you're at home though."

Sheera had calmed down at this point and Soraya moved the kitten to her lap as she spoke, starting to take some of the stuff out of the basket and set it on the bench between them.
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Mon May 03, 2021 1:22 am

"Hmmm. Perhaps. I'm there at nights, anyway. If that would be enough, well, I wouldn't mind the companionship." He frowned, considering, glancing down at Sheera, settling on Soraya's lap. The little creature was cute, to be sure...

"Here, allow me." Ali was a gentleman, after all. He helped to steady the basket, studying the items as they came forth from the basket.
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 03, 2021 1:43 am

"Oh, thank you! Everything was getting kind of hard to balance, especially with making sure the kitten is okay."

The wrapped items themselves were olive loaf with some slices of melon, all carefully wrapped to prevent thing from drying out or leaking all over.
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Mon May 03, 2021 2:12 am

Ali carefully held the basket until it was emptied of all items.

"These look very nice." He looked at Soraya, his eyebrows going up. "Did you put all this together?" His lips quirked. "I can't think of the last time someone made me lunch." He peered at the items again. "Or I had melon."
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Mon May 03, 2021 2:18 am

Sora beamed at him, "I may not have prepared it, but I DID plant the olives and cantaloupe. So I guess you culd say these are the fruits of my labor."

..she REALLY had NOT intended that as a pun.
Influence: