Petting the Kitty (River EA)

Ali ibn Farid

Petting the Kitty (River EA)

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sun May 02, 2021 6:33 pm

(expecting)

Having spent time with the Dahabi princess the last two days, Ali found himself more than pleased to do so again today. Both times had been memorable, each for their own reasons. Ali found himself smiling in reminiscence. There was something about her, something special... or was it just her charming manner and beauty?

After a moment, Ali shook his head. Well, only one way to find out.

He waited for her where they'd agreed to meet, a little green area by the river. A bit off the street, it was a place where people came to wash their clothes, or perhaps rest in the shade of a tree, although for the moment Ali was alone. There was a single bench under the tree, plain wood.

Oh, and Ali wore his sword. Even if he liked her, he could tell Soraya was trouble.
Last edited by Ali ibn Farid on Sun May 02, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mekham * Ebonite (secret!) * Templar (also secret!) * Destiny! * Khadi's Dog
Influence: 1/1/1 * Reputation: Glorious 1.1 Infamous 1 * Integrity: Honorable
Description
Carries on duty: Longsword, light armor, bow
Carries off duty: Sturdy Clothing, knife

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Petting the Kitty (River EA)

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 6:41 pm

After a moment or two of waiting Sora arrived, still dressed in her disguise from the other day.

In her arms though she carried a basket, a large plain thing woven out of reeds.

Approaching Ali on his bench, she smiled at him, speaking softly, "Good day, Ali. I hope we did not keep you waiting too long."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sun May 02, 2021 6:51 pm

Ali lifted his eyebrows at her approach. "Pardon me, miss?" He said. But he could only hold it for a moment, then he grinned. "Good day, Soraya. It's a pleasure to see you again. And no, I've only just arrived. Besides, it's pleasant here by the water."

And then he frowned, as he caught what he'd missed at first. "Wait, did you say 'we'?" He looked at her, then peered back the way she came, as though expecting to finally see the muscular bagel-maker she'd talked about before.
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 6:59 pm

A soft chuckle, "I did indeed.'

Her voice was still soft as she took a seat next to him. placing the basket on her lap so he could see inside of it. There were two things; One was a small lunch, a jug of some liquid and some wrapped things. In the other partition of the basket though, walking unsteadily on top of a blue scarf, was a kitten.

"I decided to bring her out to see you and get some fresh air."
Last edited by Soraya al-Menjari on Sun May 02, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sun May 02, 2021 7:05 pm

Ali's eyebrows went up as he spotted the kitten. He looked at Soraya, a gentle smile on his features, and then back to the kitten. Kindness to the little things was important.

"Hello there, little one." Ali said, offering his fingers to the small creature, waggling them playfully. "Do you have a name?" He glanced at Soraya at that; if the kitten was the one to answer him, he would have many more questions.
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 7:12 pm

"This is little Sheera. She is a little over a month old, born from my older cat Diana. The other kittens went to good homes, but father let me keep this one."

Sheera, for her part, looked at the fingers and put a paw out towards them before sneezing on them suddenly.
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sun May 02, 2021 7:36 pm

"Ewww, Sheera." Ali said, laughing softly. He withdrew his hand a moment to wipe his hand on his linens, then brought it back to the kitten. He gently booped the little nose, stroking it with his finger, then offered his hand for smelling and/or battle again.

"How many cats do you have, then? Just the two? Or..." Ali blinked as he imagined a whole dynasty of cats, one from each generation, in her bedroom.
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 7:49 pm

"Three actually. Sheera and her mother, then another one named Begonia that's in between them in age. I also keep some birds as pets, which thankfully isn't at all like the way such things go in children's books."

The kitten had sniffed a bit before deciding to rub up against the hand in front of her, rubbing with each side of its head in turn.
Influence:

Ali ibn Farid

Post by Ali ibn Farid » Sun May 02, 2021 8:53 pm

"Awww..." Ali made gentle encouraging noises at the kitten, turning his hand to let her thoroughly explore it.

His eyebrows went up. "I didn't have any books as a child. How do bird pets usually go in children's books?" He chuckled. "And, I suppose, what's it actually like?"

While waiting for the answer, he continued to waggle his fingers for the kitten. Sword calluses were also excellent kitten protection, after all.
Description

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 8:57 pm

A chuckle, "It feels like in most picture books that the cats are always trying to find a way to get into the bird's cage and eat them while the owners aren't looking. I can say I've not had that problem personally."
Influence: