[D3 LA] Thwap!

Arash Karuvah

[D3 LA] Thwap!

Post by Arash Karuvah » Sun May 02, 2021 6:53 am

Arash stood out in the desert, his horse not far away. He readied another arrow, knocked it, and let it loose.

Good, but not good enough. He needed to be better to win this thing.
Invinda * Kshatriya * Warrior * Prodigy * Khadi's Hound * Betrothed
Influence: 1/3/1 * Reputation: 1.0 * Integrity: Honorable
Languages: Mekhem, Ivindi
Carries on duty: Tulwar, light armor, shield
Carries off duty: elegant clothing, kukri

Lamis Naaji

Re: [D3 LA] Thwap!

Post by Lamis Naaji » Sun May 02, 2021 7:02 am

Lamis rode out with similar aims, bows stowed, a waterskin hung from the saddle along with some minor provisions...and an apple. You just didn't head into the desert without a bit of food and water. Even staying in sight of the city.

Seeing Arash, she called out. "If anyone else was going to challenge the incoming storm winds to practice, I guess I'm not surprised that it's you ser Arash...or ser Karuvah? I've no schooling on Invindi forms of address, I'm afraid."
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Sun May 02, 2021 7:32 pm

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:02 am
Lamis rode out with similar aims, bows stowed, a waterskin hung from the saddle along with some minor provisions...and an apple. You just didn't head into the desert without a bit of food and water. Even staying in sight of the city.

Seeing Arash, she called out. "If anyone else was going to challenge the incoming storm winds to practice, I guess I'm not surprised that it's you ser Arash...or ser Karuvah? I've no schooling on Invindi forms of address, I'm afraid."
Arash smiled and bowed. "Arash will do. Well, I figure it's still possible to make good use of this time. Besides, the monsoons at home are probably worse than this, and I survived them." He turned towards the horse and its riders fully. "You are...sayyeda Lamis?"

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Sun May 02, 2021 8:11 pm

"lella's probably fine if you're not offended by ser, but Lamis is the proper name to attach." She grins, caftan sleeves cracking in a gust. "Monsoons are...the windy season? Do much hunting then? I once tempted every god there might be shooting into a sandstorm. Which was stupid on several counts, because why would a goat without the sense left to hide well before the sand starts stinging actually still be edible. I was starving, but it was so obviously diseased I burned it."

Sliding from Janan's back, she fumbles to tie the ends of her sleeves out of the way before loosening her bow.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Arash Karuvah

Post by Arash Karuvah » Mon May 03, 2021 11:54 am

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:11 pm
"lella's probably fine if you're not offended by ser, but Lamis is the proper name to attach." She grins, caftan sleeves cracking in a gust. "Monsoons are...the windy season? Do much hunting then? I once tempted every god there might be shooting into a sandstorm. Which was stupid on several counts, because why would a goat without the sense left to hide well before the sand starts stinging actually still be edible. I was starving, but it was so obviously diseased I burned it."

Sliding from Janan's back, she fumbles to tie the ends of her sleeves out of the way before loosening her bow.
Arash gave a small bow. "Windy and rainy. We don't often hunt in those times, mostly hunker down, though on occasion we do need to venture out to protect our people, in case some bandits or predators want to make use of the time." He quirked an eye up. "Oh? Shooting into a sandstorm? Sounds certainly like a story to tell." He smileda t the thought.

"You are shooting quite well, lella Lamis. Been practicing much?"

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Mon May 03, 2021 2:41 pm

"Well, I was pretty desperate at the time, so not really a _fun_ story." She waves a hand toward the clouds upwind. "We'll be getting the rain to add to the wind soon enough, but probably not quite the same as your monsson, I imagine. We mostly hunker down for storms too, though. We're not very used to being cold and wet here."

With a small grunt of effort, she strings her bow, leaning hard to bend the stiff layers to the string. "But, if we're lucky, we'll see the sands bloom where the storm has passed. It takes a few days to get started, but the plants take every advantage of these brief bits of water."

"As to the question," she says, stepping up beside him, correcting easily to the unsteady sand slipping beneath her boots, "I haven't really been practicing since I arrived, but after today, I sort of feel like I've got a reputation to live up to or something now. I mean...that was...I don't shoot like that hunting, since it's a good way to just lose some arrows instead of getting dinner."

"And you? Getting in plenty of practice? You've been solid on the field, and the Ivindi style is a bit different to watch. It's not...hmm, can I say it seems accurate but slower? Like you're maybe not training to hit hares and such? At least not as a primary goal."