Four Feet to the Target (LM, The Desert, Observation/Conversation)

Lamis Naaji

Re: Four Feet to the Target (LM, The Desert, Observation/Conversation)

Post by Lamis Naaji » Thu May 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:00 pm
"Hey, if it's your birthplace, I can kind of understand why it has a special place in your heart.

As for the why there? Traditions are weird. We never know if there's a good reason for them or not. Sometimes we keep following them out of habits long after they've stopped being relevant and just make our lives harder for no reason. Sometimes we decide to break them and learn the hard way there was an actual sound logic behind them.

I tend to advocate for some cautious respect of tradition there. For example, I've heard all my life the Khesir Quarter is an extremely cursed place, and though I only live a few blocks away, I've never felt like it was worth challenging that assumption."
Lamis nods along a bit, then pauses with a minor realization. "Oh! Kids!...the goats have their birth season there. Children show up all over the year! I'm a winter child, for example."

"Were you born here then? And...so the city hasn't changed much in all your years?" There's a small frown as Lamis almost says more, then waits to try firming this feeling into proper words.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Thu May 06, 2021 8:19 pm

Lamis Naaji wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:16 pm
Lamis nods along a bit, then pauses with a minor realization. "Oh! Kids!...the goats have their birth season there. Children show up all over the year! I'm a winter child, for example."

"Were you born here then? And...so the city hasn't changed much in all your years?" There's a small frown as Lamis almost says more, then waits to try firming this feeling into proper words.
"Yes. And yes? No? Negative interrogative are crazy.

The city hasn't changed much in my lifetime, and from the words of two generations before me also born and raised there, it would appear to not have changed much during their own time either. This... stability can probably be explained by the extreme... sturdiness of the political situation. Actually, most people now live by the idea things won't really change anymore here, at least not without some kind of divine interventions. And Shilah isn't striking much people down these days."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Lamis Naaji

Post by Lamis Naaji » Thu May 06, 2021 10:01 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:19 pm

"Yes. And yes? No? Negative interrogative are crazy.

The city hasn't changed much in my lifetime, and from the words of two generations before me also born and raised there, it would appear to not have changed much during their own time either. This... stability can probably be explained by the extreme... sturdiness of the political situation. Actually, most people now live by the idea things won't really change anymore here, at least not without some kind of divine interventions. And Shilah isn't striking much people down these days."
"Hmm, I was just noting that divine intervention seems much more like an uncaring natural disaster than anything one might deserve, unfortunately. Or...well, I think a lot of things in this world would change." She pulls the strings closed on the little bag.

"Thanks for the conversation, and recommendations." She leaves out the pistachios, 20 pool was thanks enough, really.
Mekham * Nomad * Ninja (secret) * Warrior-flavored (not secret) * Very new in town * Janan's rider
Influence-City 0, Origin 2, Faction 1 * Glorious 1, Infamous 0 * Integrity- Honorless

Equipment usually present: Comfortable Nomad's clothing and jewelry, Knife (Kindjal)

Languages: Mekham, Ivindi