A stone's throw away from home [LE, The Maze]

Al-Haddar

A stone's throw away from home [LE, The Maze]

Post by Al-Haddar » Sat May 01, 2021 4:41 pm

Al-Haddar was walking quickly through the Maze, with the sure footing of someone who had lived here all his life. He seemed to be speaking to himself in a low voice... But that was only mildly noteworthy by the standards of the Maze, especially around the various drug dens.

So, what's the plan?

"La Devineresse."

That seer from who knows where? Did you grow balls suddenly?

"I would like nothing more than not dabbling with unnatural powers. But since I'm talking with a spirit at this very moment, I don't think I have much of a choice."

Do you even have any idea where to find her?

"I've heard her predictions are ones of the many special services one can buy of the Portals, seems like a good place to start."

---

Auto-pass on the navigation roll thanks to Way of the Land: The Maze.
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Jewel

Re: A stone's throw away from home [LE, The Maze]

Post by Jewel » Sat May 01, 2021 11:06 pm

Even for a native trying to find anything in the Maze is an exercise in patience but eventually Al-Haddar finds the storefront he seeks among the Portals of Delight and Fancy. Although, entering the door, he realizes the 'store' is simply two makeshift plywood walls erected on either end of a short alleyway. Let it not be said the inhabitants of the Maze lack in creativity.

An old hag of a woman gestures broadly, "Velkome to the house of mysteries and wonder. Vat leads you upon your path to the grand... La Devineresse!"

Whatever the veracity of her powers with the spirits her persona, at the least, is a clear load of bull. You're pretty sure she cycled through at least three accents two of which might not even actually exist.
GM • City of Stories

Al-Haddar

Re: A stone's throw away from home [LE, The Maze]

Post by Al-Haddar » Sun May 02, 2021 6:55 am

"Well..."

Well?

"I'm a way I'm reassured. A colleague in charlatanism, that's a thing I can understand. Hello madam, hope you'll have a lot of rich credulous clients tonight."

Doesn't really help with the issue at hand.

"Sorta. It's good to be reminded all things that could be interpreted as otherworldly are most likely to be very mundane in nature. Make-up, sleight of hand, barely visible strings, that kind of things. Or, in our case a simple trick of the brain due to fatigue, guilt and a vague likeness in appearance."

I can assure you this guy...

"La la la," sang Al-Haddar as he went out, leaving a dumbfounded La-Devineresse.
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile