To See Old Kasim [EA, Maze]

Aydi al-Qais

Re: To See Old Kasim [EA, Maze]

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 1:20 am

Aydi was a peculiar man, with a peculiar sense of justice. "One cannot fully know the hear of desperate men. Neither of the other two saw how their sister died. On the other hand, it's not right to drive anyone to such desperation. Is there a way to settle it? Would you know how to pass a message, Sidi?"
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 02, 2021 1:31 am

Another slow, deliberate nod, "It could be arranged."
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 1:35 am

"What do you think could be an adequate token of compassion and goodwill?"
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 02, 2021 1:44 am

"From ones they have wronged I imagine even just a word is goodwill. As for compassion... what price a lost sister? I'm afraid that is beyond even my knowledge."
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 1:59 am

"That is sadly true, it's beyond knowing what makes up for the loss of loved ones." He sighed in sadness. He considered himself responsible. Had he known the true nature of the attempt, he wouldn't have pursued the woman so fervently, and she would live.

He withdrew a copper and put it on whatever table there was in his reach. "You've helped me greatly today, Sidi, and you also have a family to think about. My father has sustained me through his wisdom when I was small so it only feels right. Please take as much as you need, and pass the rest to the bereft family, along with the message. It can't be compensation, but it can be help in a difficult moment."

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 02, 2021 2:22 am

"It shall be done."

(Aydi gains .7 Integrity - 'Showing sincere courtesy to enemies or rivals')
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 5:18 am

"Thank you, Sidi, for everything." Aydi rose to his feet, pressed his hand against his heart and was ready to leave the old man to his rest. On his way out he looked around at the kids, whether they had helped themselves to fruit. His own childhood might not have been steeped in poverty but as an adult he well understood that he had floated just above all along, thanks to his father, and he could easily see himself in any of those children.

Speaking of family, he had one more commitment to act on: Faruq's sister. While already in the Maze, he decided to give it a chance to learn something; he would spend the rest of the afternoon on that pursuit, so far without success.

/scene