To See Old Kasim [EA, Maze]

Aydi al-Qais

Re: To See Old Kasim [EA, Maze]

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 01, 2021 3:30 pm

"Thank you for letting me speak with you, Sidi." Aydi showed reverence, almost instinctively. Kasim, in some way, reminded him of his own father. He waited for permission to speak further.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sat May 01, 2021 3:33 pm

The man nods slightly and Aydi almost half expects to hear a creaking noise from the gesture, "Tell me what has happened?"
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 01, 2021 4:50 pm

"A young woman who is my friend and her guard were assailed this morning by three masked individuals in a back alley. I rushed to their help, and they attempted grappling all of us, and pull my friend into the sewers. The situation didn't go in their favour. Two of them were defeated and ran, third - a woman - who had succeeded in drawing my friend down below, was chased after, forced to abandon her catch, and finally overpowered. However, before she could be interrogated, she killed herself, speaking about saving her siblings and being sorry to her mother. She pushed her knife into her throat. I checked the body. The only distinguishing feature on her was a tattoo with the '1' numeral on her wrist. I am afraid they're not done with my friend. Who could they be, wise Kasim?" Aydi relayed quietly.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sat May 01, 2021 7:35 pm

Old Kasim shifts for a moment, this time there is a creak though it is likely just the chair itself, "What else can you tell me about her?"

(Old Kasim rolls 10k4 for his Lore:Medinaat al-Salaam but knowing someone solely from description is still a hard task. He'll be starting at TN40. Aydi can assist by recalling and adequately explaining details. Intelligence check at TN10. Success and each raise reduces Kasim's TN by 5. Precise Memory would apply if Aydi has it)
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 01, 2021 7:41 pm

"Well..." Aydi had memorised her face but added some speculation that bungled it into a not-so-helpful combination.

EA1. Intelligence. TN10, 1R: 3d10o10 11

[Overdid it.]

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sat May 01, 2021 9:20 pm

"Tell me, si al-Qais, Is your intention just to see to your friend's safety?"

(Success)
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 01, 2021 11:30 pm

"This is my overarching concern, yes. Which means if those people are going to attack again, I need to thwart them. Because I can't exactly get her holed up." He admitted.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sat May 01, 2021 11:47 pm

A slow nod, "I cannot speak to her safety overall but I am confident these individuals would not try again."
GM • City of Stories

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 12:14 am

"Oh?" Aydi was surprised. "May I ask what makes it so certain?"

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Sun May 02, 2021 1:04 am

He looks a little sad, "The crossroads of opportunity and desperation. Triplets, sick mother, no father. Won't say they're law abiding but not overly violent... your story might be different if they were willing to start with steel. If it is true she killed herself then no cause for vendetta either."
GM • City of Stories