[Early Afternoon, River Quarter] Composing and Composed (Expecting)

Kezia

[Early Afternoon, River Quarter] Composing and Composed (Expecting)

Post by Kezia » Sat May 01, 2021 6:11 am

Kezia returned to the scene of her meeting with the nice young guy who had asked so many interesting questions (and who she had enjoyed cattily flirting with, in her way)... this time to properly compose a ballad worthy of a well-fed fool who couldn't do his job.

Not in Ra'Shari, I want him to know the words if he hears children singing it...

So, working in Mekhem, she sat by the river's edge and set about trying to come up witht he right mixture of mockery... and juuuuust enough obfuscation to let it catch on on its own.
Ra'Shari * Warrior * A Bit Weird
Influence: 1/1/1 Reputation: Glorious 1.3/Infamous 0 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Typically Carries: A staff, two knives, and a slightly distracted air.

Qasim al-Basiri

Re: [Early Afternoon, River Quarter] Composing and Composed (Expecting)

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 01, 2021 6:53 pm

The river seemed a popular space today as Qasim went walking along its banks enjoying the cooling breezes off the water and the floral smell of the area.

As he enjoyed his walk he looked down the river and saw a vaguely familiar face buried in work of some sort. He approached the Ra'shari girl and cleared his throat gently to announce his presence "a beautiful day for working outside for sure, you are one of the Ra'shari yes? I believe I saw you last night at the caravan."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings
Integrity: To be expected Reputation: 1 Influence: 1
On Person: Fine Clothing, jewelry, expensive perfume

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sat May 01, 2021 7:44 pm

Kezia looked up, all smiles.

"You were the gentleman talking with the very tall Senpet woman, yes? How nice to see you again, Sidi. I don't believe we spoke- I am Kezia."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 01, 2021 9:14 pm

Qasim came a bit closer the smell of cloves and vanilla clung to him lightly as he entered conversational space. He chuckled a bit "Yes indeed, you have a good memory. If my own serves you were slightly preoccupied with a red haired gentlemen." He said with a bit of a mischievous smirk.

"Do you mind if I join you? You seem to be busy and I would hate to distract you from your work."
Dahabi | Merchant | Luxurious | Proprietor of Light and Shadow Luxuries | Greedy | Dangerously Handsome |Man of Many Blessings

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sat May 01, 2021 9:21 pm

"Pleasant company is no burden, Sidi."

A pause, followed by a cheeky grin.

"As the red-headed gentleman can attest. But putting aside events of the evening... how does the day find you?"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Sat May 01, 2021 10:47 pm

"Are you so sure my company will be pleasant?" He asked with a raised eyebrow but his voice contained a mild teasing mirth but he sat next to her and looked out to the river for a moment before looking back to her.

"My day has been fair enough, the presentations this morning seemed to go quite well. Should be a rather interesting contest this evening."

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Sat May 01, 2021 11:08 pm

"And here you were worried about how pleasant you might be."

She winked.

"Yes, it'll be interesting to see how it goes... Quite a few contenders- although given the prize, that's to be expected."

A pause.

"You are of the Houses of Dahab, yes?"

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Mon May 03, 2021 11:25 pm

He bowed "deeply yes indeed, Qasim al-Basiri merchant extraordinaire, patron of the arts and a not so humble son of the House of Basiri. A pleasure to make your acquaintance Ms.....?" He flourished as he introduced himself and smiled up to her with an eye brow raised as he asked for her name.

Kezia

Post by Kezia » Tue May 04, 2021 1:42 am

Pretty certain she had introduced herself, but with her player whacking her with the "it's been a bit since that post" stick, the Ra'shari smiled.

"Kezia. Very good dancer, proving somewhat less adept as an archer. The pleasure is mine, Sidi. Not often that I share a spot with the well to do."

Qasim al-Basiri

Post by Qasim al-Basiri » Tue May 04, 2021 7:46 am

Qasim chuckles "ah yes my own fault you had already said, I do not know where my head has gone. Asif Lella, such a beautiful name should not be forgotten a second time." he said with a smile.

"I am sure you are modest, dancing and combat have a very similar skill set from what i can tell. Though maybe archery is different" he chuckled and held up his hands "I am afraid I know very little of the art of the bow myself."