Day 2 - Late Evening - Light & Shadow - Conclusions

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 2 - Late Evening - Light & Shadow - Conclusions

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 01, 2021 7:37 pm

A chuckle, "I suppose you can treat it like that if you wish. This was just supposed to be trying to see what you'd learned while in a comfortable environment."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 1:31 am

"Ah." His smiled faded a bit, but just for a moment. "Well, so now you know, Sayyeda. Perhaps today was the end of the matter after all, and you won't be troubled by kidnappers anymore. Like I said, I seek no reward, just take joy in your safety. That means the purpose of the meeting is fulfilled, I should probably finish my juice and be on my way. Unless I can still do something for you tonight?"
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 1:40 am

That got a frown from Soraya and she sat forward, reaching out and touching Aydi's shoulder, "You don't get it, do you? I want to do something for you because I am genuinely appreciative, not just to you as someone I've hired, but as a friend who genuinely looks out for me. Mere saftey does not make a fulfilling life, not like the people you have in it."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 1:51 am

"I get it now." He sighed and placed his hand over hers on his arm, brushed her fingertips gently and then took it for a soft squeeze before opening it for her to do as she pleased, keep it there or withdraw. "To hear it makes a world of difference."

He then smiled brightly again. "To have a daring and resourceful woman like you in my life is certainly a treat and a promise of adventure! The disguise was amazing."
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 2:22 am

She brightened up almost immediately and took his hand between hers, holding it up, "You really think so?! Oh, and you know... I am happy my saying it out loud like that made you happy; Kind of like you saying I offer a promise of adventure. It makes me feel like the heroine of a book!"
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 2:34 am

"The time since last night makes for quite a thrilling introductory chapter of that book, don't you think? Who knows where it goes from here on out!" He made a funnily mysterious look even as the warmth of her hands was spreading up his arms. And then, on a spur of a moment, not really thinking, he raised his hand to her face and brushed her hair near the ear.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 2:41 am

Sora's eyes closed and she let out a sighing like sound under her breath momentarily, "Mmmm... you really are a very caring person. I am very glad I met you, Aydi, even if the circumstances haven't exactly been the best."
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 3:01 am

"The stars themselves were involved, so perhaps it was kismet the we met the way we did?" He spoke quietly. His hand, emboldened, was stroking along the rim of her face, taking a few loose hair behind her ear and running fingertips along her earlobe. "You're such an exciting woman that it just might be that it's the night sky itself that started writing your book. Written in a script of flickering light, constellations being thumbnails of adventures to come." Speaking of, his thumb ventured down to her chin.

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sun May 02, 2021 3:05 am

He could feel her give a small shiver as his hand travelled down her jawline, "I... I like the thought of that. I really really do. I suppose getting overly excited is one of my faults, but if you think that makes me exciting in turn, well..."
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sun May 02, 2021 3:25 am

"What's a flaw in some circumstances is a boon in another. Would you find fault in me now that all I can think of is the taste of your lips?" His thumb brushed the lower one and gently pulled it down by a tiny bit.