Day 2 - Late Evening - Light & Shadow - Conclusions

Soraya al-Menjari

Re: Day 2 - Late Evening - Light & Shadow - Conclusions

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 01, 2021 8:28 am

That got a light feminine titter, the smile turning a bit mischievous, "You are free to enjoy whatever you want while I am around Mister Aydi. I prefer to see you smiling; You really do brighten up a room when you do so you know."
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected
Typically Carries: Exquisite clothing, jewelry, coin purse

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 01, 2021 8:47 am

"Is that so? Your own smile is so radiant that I could see you well even if lights went off." He tried this 'whatever you want when I am around' not to get too much into his head, because she probably didn't mean what it could imply. "Tell me, Sayyeda, what can make you keep smiling like that, so I no longer depend on the sun, the moon, the stars and the fire when you are near?" He teased a bit. "You see, it's a matter of great practical application!"
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy
Integrity: Untrustworthy | Reputation: 1.3 | Influence: All 1

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 01, 2021 5:57 pm

Soraya, for her part, slunk around the table, scooting closer to Aydi with her juice and moving the bowl of cashews to be between them, "Compliments are a nice start, I suppose. And such colorful ones... it is almost like you must be a writer, in addition to the detective work, no?"
Mekham * Dahabi * House Menjari * Diplomat * Princess * Naive * Gorgeous * Pampered * Curious * Lustful * Khadi's Lover
Influence:
City 3 Origin 3 Faction 1 | Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 | Integrity: What is expected

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 01, 2021 6:14 pm

Her closeness made his heart jump, his smell sensitive enough to take in the air she carried around her. "I've received a... comprehensive education, I suppose. My father is a learnt man and he's made sure by any unforgiving means necessary for me to have at least some of his knowledge. I've never composed rubayat, okay maybe once or twice and they were just half-good, but my confidence rises when you're near, Sayyeda." He wanted to touch her, still remembering her soft hands, but for now reached for a cashew instead, his attention more on the contour of her lips than on the bowl though.
Citizen of the Jewel | Khadi's Dog | Private Detective Otherwise | Accompanied by Dog | Shares Name with That Dog | Cheerful | Helpful | Also Dawg | Has a Grumbling Father Who Calls Him Good Boy

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 01, 2021 6:29 pm

Sora bit her bottom lip briefly, watching the man's eyes as she smiled, "I wish I could write one day. Having read so many books, I'd think I might have some talent in it. Unfortunately, my training has focused on other things. Oh yes, there was something I wish to talk to you about now that it's just you and I..."

She sat up more straight, less leaning in towards Aydi.
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 01, 2021 6:52 pm

He wanted to comment on her wish to write, but then another twist seemed to be leading toward something important, so he left it for later and turned toward her as well, his position less lax, attentive. "I am all ears, Sayyeda."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 01, 2021 7:08 pm

"I had mentioned payment for these services the other day... I think you had said something about not wishing to have payment? Are you sure you do not wish to reconsider? I have taken up much of your time, as well as having put you in danger."
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 01, 2021 7:21 pm

He shook his head. "I'd rather be a friend you can count on than a contractor you pay. Everything in this city revolves around money. It's likely money were the reason you were almost kidnapped. For once, I'd like something to not be about money. And what greater defiance than refusing to be paid by a Dahabi princess?" He smirked, but then got serious again.

"I get by. Maybe one day I'll need help to make ends meet but it's not right now. Right now I want to focus on what's at hand, to ensure you're safe." He looked into her eyes with full conviction. "I hope you can respect that, Sayyeda."

Soraya al-Menjari

Post by Soraya al-Menjari » Sat May 01, 2021 7:24 pm

"I most certainly can; There is a lot more to life than money, certainly. Even if I know money does mean a lot to people... Well, if not money then, what about a different sort of payment?"

She ate a cashew piece slowly.
Influence:

Aydi al-Qais

Post by Aydi al-Qais » Sat May 01, 2021 7:30 pm

"I thought this pleasant evening with you over juice and cashews is how you've chosen to express your gratitude?" He titled his head, reaching for a cashew, having got a taste for them seeing how they disappeared in her mouth.